Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Computer Based Board Gaming

Subject: SpyFall for Android rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mihai Cioraneanu
msg tools
I've made a mobile version of the very anticipated game SpyFall. The app works via SMS. One player will be the host and will send 1 sms/player/game (so make sure he has a free SMS plan ), everyone else will wait for the host's message.

I don't use the game's name nor any of the original artwork and I don't encourage people to use it instead of buying the actual game (when/where available)...

Oh and feedback is always welcomed

Link: Google Play

UPDATE v2.0:
* redone the whole app
* fixed crashes
* configurable number of spies (useful for balancing or when playing in larger groups)
* option to resend SMS to players that not received it ( due to carrier delays )
* can be played with friends that don't have the app (or have iPhones/Windows phones) because the SMS tells them everything they need to know.
* new layout
* pro version

UPDATE v3.0:
* 12 new locations
* replaced all image locations
* added roles
* new app layout
* redone tutorial
* higher quality images
* new game button disables for 3 seconds to avoid multiple presses

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting Ill definitely check this out..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres F. Pabon L.
Colombia
Bogotá
DC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not compatible with my Dell Venue 8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihai Cioraneanu
msg tools
What version of android does it have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Skinner
United States
Seven Hills
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the user get to control the SMS application association (ie intent handler)?

I'm wondering because I use Google Hangouts for SMS, which doesn't travel along the normal SMS pipeline (my device doesn't send or receive any SMS messages that would be billed; it all happens on the server).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihai Cioraneanu
msg tools
Adam, messages are sent using the regular SmsManager class, they don't go through a 3rd party app (be it Hangouts or any other). I didn't have a problem with this since all carriers provide hundreds/thousand of sms these days anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andres F. Pabon L.
Colombia
Bogotá
DC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cioraneanu wrote:
What version of android does it have?

KitKat. 4.4.2, to be precise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihai Cioraneanu
msg tools
I have rewritten the whole app. More features and lots of fixes. Check the first post for change log.

Let me know what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
United States
redondo beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish you didn't now require access to my contacts...have not updated because of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihai Cioraneanu
msg tools
ToomanyBarts wrote:
Wish you didn't now require access to my contacts...have not updated because of this.

There is nothing new here. As you've seen in last version, the app was still able to get details about the contacts that you've added to the game(when hosting).

The new permission was added simply because HTC and Xperia phones use roms that crash when you try to present the dialog for selecting contacts(without READ_CONTACTS permission). If you are not conviced you can google this issue or verify the reviews for the previous version of SpyFind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
United States
redondo beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My phone identified this as a "new permission" - I'm just flagging it and giving you user feedback - do with it what you will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihai Cioraneanu
msg tools
Quote:
My phone identified this as a "new permission" - I'm just flagging it and giving you user feedback - do with it what you will.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your feedback. I just wanted to elaborate why the permission had to be added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihai Cioraneanu
msg tools
A new updates is available. More locations and roles added. Check the first post for change log.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.