Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Trezise
United Kingdom
Rugby
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quick q.

When I add a new tile down, the map tile card has numbers next to the exits... what does it mean.

Basically, what should I do when I'm revealing a new tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik vN
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The numbers next to the exit indicate which side of the new tile connects to the existing tile that you are on. You roll a die to determine which one is used. I don't think it has a whole lot of influence on the game, I always just place the tiles however they fit on the table...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Trezise
United Kingdom
Rugby
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So what is the bit with the green arrow about? That's where I have been connecting them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Targanth Phelandir
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. The green arrow shows how the piece is connected to the existing map tiles.

If the tile is a passageway, the extra doors stay available for use. If the tile is a room, then an explore token is placed on the tile. When the explore token is revealed, the token will tell you how many of the doors are available to be used. Unused doors then get caps placed on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdeptusAce wrote:
So what is the bit with the green arrow about? That's where I have been connecting them.

Correct - the green arrow is where you connect passages.

The numbers on the doors (and a d6) are used for determining which doors are open/closed/gates after you reveal your exploration token.

So if you have a room with 3 possible doors, and your exporation token shows you have only 1 door (or gate), roll a d6. Compare the roll to the numbers on the map card to select your open door (or gate), and put end caps on the other exits.

Just make sure you specify whether you're rolling for open or closed doors, especially if a room has two possible exits and only one is open. My husband will often roll a die and announce the result. And I'll ask "is that exit open or closed?" The response is usually "I dunno." laugh So we try to say "This exit is closed" before/as we roll the die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik vN
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, total brainfart on my part. The numbers are for the doors shake
Sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Trezise
United Kingdom
Rugby
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!

Thanks so much! :D

Now I can play the game properly! lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.