Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
I have a friend with a copy of the 1986 gibson games version of britannia still in shrink, but I cannot seem to find prices for what this would currently be selling for anywhere.

please could anyone advise whether this edition is actually work something or whether it has been complete replaced by the FFG version

Thanks
clare

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a completely different edition from FFG's. It's closer to the AH version, though there are minor rules differences. I would expect it's probably around the same price as the AH version, though it may be more due to rarity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not convinced that it is all that valuable, except as a "historical curiosity", in today's market of high quality and color printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm similarly not convinced it has any additional value, but it's possible that it does. A quick look on eBay's completed items puts prices around the same as the AH version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
A quick look on eBay's completed items puts prices around the same as the AH version.

Thats the first place I checked and I can't find any completed listings for this version. shake

google-fu must be on the blink today!

Thanks for the info guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Search eBay for "Gibsons Britannia Game" and filter for completed items and you should see some hits from the UK. I had 3 that ranged from around $10-35.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Pulsipher
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There were fewer copies (10K) of the Gibsons than the AH version, but it may still be a large enough number that it isn't rare. Rarity has to have something to do with pricing. And demand: and I think of the FFG version as a "fixed" version, closer to what I intended, than Gibsons. (AH is the worst.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.