Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
keith carroll
United Kingdom
glenrothes
fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I've missed something in the rules explaining this interaction but I haven't managed to find anything so, how does this work? I'm assuming the lose track rule comes into play here and I figure it goes something like this:-

Play Procession
->Procession plays Distant Lands
-->Distant Lands moves itself to your tavern mat
->Procession tries to play Distant Lands again but can't find it
->Procession tries to trash Distant Lands but can't find it
->Procession gains you an action card costing exactly 6

Does this sound right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's close. Procession is able to play Distant Lands a second time; the lost-track rule doesn't prevent that. But since the second play does nothing (unless you have a token on the Distant Lands pile), it works out the same as in your example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith carroll
United Kingdom
glenrothes
fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Matt, and thanks also for the extra point about tokens which was something I hadn't considered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ktartandude wrote:
->Procession gains you an action card costing exactly 6

This is not related to the lose-track rule you were asking about, but:
- Procession would not gain a card if there was not a card of the given cost and type available in the Supply, but everything else would resolve normally.
- The cost would not be 6 if a cost-reduction effect (such as from Bridge Troll or the -$2 cost token) was changing the cost of Distant Lands. Usually, that wouldn't change which cards you might gain, but it might if you had lots of cost reduction or the -$2 cost token in effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Chevy Chase
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit confused...

Procession says, "Play an action card from your hand twice. Trash it." Doesn't that mean this card would be trashed, regardless of whether it's on the mat or not? It doesn't say, "If the card is still in play, trash it," but quite definitively, "Trash it."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fuzen wrote:
I'm a bit confused...

Procession says, "Play an action card from your hand twice. Trash it." Doesn't that mean this card would be trashed, regardless of whether it's on the mat or not? It doesn't say, "If the card is still in play, trash it," but quite definitively, "Trash it."

While that sounds reasonable in itself, it's not how things actually work in Dominion, in potentially confusing cases like this. Procession expects to find the card in play, in order to trash it - when the said card is not in play, then Procession "loses track" of it and fails to trash it.

I think this is explained in the Dark Ages rule book - but I must confess it is often a bit confusing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Maslen
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
fuzen wrote:
I'm a bit confused...

Take a look at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Complete_and_All-Enco... and that should clear your confusion. In particular note "The expected location of the card is either stated in the ability or implicit based on the game rules. For instance if an ability refers to a played card, it expects the card to be in play." So Procession expects to trash Distant Lands from being in play. When it fails to find it there, it can't trash it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Chevy Chase
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.