Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zenon Iblis
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mb
Hello everybody...

I feel so stupid... but.. How can I prove that the cimbination cannot be beaten wuth available cards??

Or better - how can the combibation be beaten with available cards? This means, that after the claim is made, your opponenet can regroup his formations to defend the desired flag?? And if it's possible (e.g. there are enough correct cards for it), the flag is defended?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZzBOG wrote:
I feel so stupid... but.. How can I prove that the cimbination cannot be beaten wuth available cards??

It will depend on the card combinations. One easy example is the following: I have a straight flush complete on one flag, whereas my opponent has two different colored cards on the opposite side. No matter what my opponent lays, s/he won't be able to beat my straight flush.

ZzBOG wrote:
Or better - how can the combibation be beaten with available cards? This means, that after the claim is made, your opponenet can regroup his formations to defend the desired flag?? And if it's possible (e.g. there are enough correct cards for it), the flag is defended?

I don't think there is any regrouping. Once a card is played, it doesn't move. I haven't played with the special cards yet, but don't think they allow regrouping. Also, I believe once you take a flag, it is yours.

I hope that helps.

Chris H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Herbst
United States
Sayville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I understand the confusion in your question. The available cards are precisely the cards NOT on the table. You can't use cards on the table to beat an exisiting formation on another flag as cards remain fixed to the flag at which they are played (unless using the redeploy option and you disregard tactics cards when making judgments about whether a flag can be taken).

The previous poster is correct in his example. If you have played 1,2 and 3 of purple for example and your opponent has played the 5 of green and the 4 of orange, he cannot beat you without using tactics cards. You are therefore entitled to claim the flag at the end of your turn (using the standard rules) or at the beginning of your next turn (if using the advanced rules).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Ritter
United States
Westfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this for the first time tonight, but I know what you are talking about as it came up twice in my game. Basically, in order to take the flag you need to prove that the other player can't beat your cards based on what's been played (i.e., you can't base your argument off of what you have in your hand). Here are the two examples that we ran into this evening:

1 - you can take the flag with a 1 2 3 (all yellow), they have a 5 and 6 of red, but the 4 and 7 of red are already on the table (either side) - you can prove from the cards on the table that they can't beat your wedge. You can't claim the flag if the red 4 or 7 haven't been played yet.

2 - Another example would be if you had three 10's down and they were only showing a 4 of purple and the 2, 3, 5 and 6 of purple were still not played (or any combo of 2, 3, 5, 6 were not played that could still allow them to get a wedge). You'd have to wait until more cards were played and then claim the flag.

Again, i've only played once, but I think this is what the rules are trying to explain. I hope I didn't confuse you more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.