Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
We were able to scrabble together a way to ensure more plastic gates would be produced than our original estimate, so they are now a simple add-on for our Orcs Must Die! Kickstarter campaign.

The Gates are free for anyone who orders the Acolyte pledge (which includes a copy of Cthulhu Wars), and are an add-on for anyone who pledges at the Minion or the Hero level.

We did discuss the possibility of doing a separate (presumably smaller) campaign just for the gates. We rejected this because before we could put it together properly, the gates would be in the pipeline, and we wouldn't know how many gates to even produce.

So for now, you can either get the gates by pledging on OMD, or of course by getting someone who DID pledge on OMD, but doesn't want the gates, to sell them to you.

Sandy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannis
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmb
That's nice for Orcs must Die supporters. On the other hand I feel a bit disappointed that this was not done for the Theomancy kickstarter too, since i just received the base game from that. I wouldn't mind the gates myself. Anyway...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
short legs
msg tools
Maybe a new pledge tier can be created specifically for the gates only but at a higher cost? This will allow those purchasing OMD to get a good bargain while still allowing CW fans to get the gates. I wouldn't mind paying more for the gates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great way to sell more new games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United States
South Jordan
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to have these, but I already have Cthulhu Wars, and to pledge at that level would double up on an expensive game due just to get the plastic gates. Not sure I could justify that...wish there were another way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie L

New Jersey
msg tools
Bohner68 wrote:
I would love to have these, but I already have Cthulhu Wars, and to pledge at that level would double up on an expensive game due just to get the plastic gates. Not sure I could justify that...wish there were another way.

Gates are a $30 add-on at the other backer levels, so you don't have to buy CW twice (but will have to buy OMD, which looks pretty sweet in its own right ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
salem .
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joibest wrote:
That's nice for Orcs must Die supporters. On the other hand I feel a bit disappointed that this was not done for the Theomancy kickstarter too, since i just received the base game from that. I wouldn't mind the gates myself. Anyway...

same boat here. Realistically, I actually backed Theomachy to essentially get Cthulhu wars, with Theomachy as a cheap add-on Would love for there to be a retrospective offer to Theomachy backers, since Theomachy hasn't shipped yet, and the gates could be included with that shipment...? Pretty please? *bats eyelashes*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannis
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wouldn't mind either. We can only hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
We did a new add-on which is just the plastic gates.

I guess y'all can tell we're doing all this on the fly, right? Making up stuff as we go along. At least it should be obvious that we respond to you guys!

Sandy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
short legs
msg tools
It's great that you respond to requests.. But I think there's still a lot of people who, like me, would very much like to purchase the gates without having to pledge at least the Minion level.

Would that ever be possible? Could we pledge a lower amount than $90 and still be able to purchase the gates as an add on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Pacheco
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
How about a Cthulhu Wars Expansion Faction pack add on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Dino Studio
United States
Sudbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
RAWR!
mbmbmbmbmb
ilpalazo wrote:
How about a Cthulhu Wars Expansion Faction pack add on?

This, a millions times this. Id pledge for OMD in a second if it meant I could get some CW expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.