Popular Tags: [View All]
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks. Does anyone know of any Canadian-made board gaming tables, such as those made by geekchic, boardgametables, or geeknson? I'm not concerned where it's made per se. It's the shipping, exchange rate, duty, and taxes that make non-domestic tables a problem. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stadel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect any cabinet/furniture maker or decent carpenter will be able to help you out. They are not that complicated to build.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theo Peters
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LJplays wrote:
Hi folks. Does anyone know of any Canadian-made board gaming tables, such as those made by geekchic, boardgametables, or geeknson? I'm not concerned where it's made per se. It's the shipping, exchange rate, duty, and taxes that make non-domestic tables a problem. Thanks.

I'm sad there haven't been more answers to this! I've been unsuccessfully looking too. Are there no Canadian companies that make board game tables similar to boardgametables.com?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete L.
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LJplays wrote:

You're in luck. We have a gentleman coming to our upcoming Breakout convention in Toronto (https://breakoutcon.com/) who has started a new business doing custom gaming tables. He was at last year's CastleCon, where he had one of his tables on display and in use throughout the con. We're providing the same opportunity at Breakout and I believe he's also going to have a booth.

Unfortunately, I don't have his website, as he mentioned that he was re-doing it. As soon as I have more info, I'll post it here.

Pete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milios Thanasis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

You can check https://www.rathskellers.com/.

Handcrafted in Greece, offering great shipping rates to Canada and America.

One thing you need to know : When ordering from a European Manufacturer from outside the EU you are not charged Vat (20-24%) in Europe. So most of the times it is cheaper for customers outside the EU to order a table, product & etc even if shipping is somewhat more expensive than for Customers inside the EU.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete L.
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I have the information now. The business is McFadden Board Game Tables (http://mcfaddentables.ca/) and they were on site for the Breakout convention. The owner, Bob McFadden, is very personable and can be reached at info@mcfaddentables.ca. Also, he's based out of Kingston, ON, so you'd be supporting a local craftsman.

Here's a shot of one of his tables in use at Breakout with Bob standing behind it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for updating with the information. Going to contact him at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad DeShon
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
Quality Affordable Gaming Tables - BoardGameTables.com
badge
Quality Affordable Gaming Tables - BoardGameTables.com
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGameTables.com can ship to Canada. For most addresses it adds $50 to the shipping cost, $113 customs broker fee, and 5% import tax. Alternatively, we can have the table held at a distribution center in the US for you to pick it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Drover
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Check it out. 20 days remaining on this kickstarter, its marketed as an affordable gaming table and shipping in US/CAN is $59.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1296268806/the-duchess-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lothrim wrote:
Alright, I have the information now. The business is McFadden Board Game Tables (http://mcfaddentables.ca/) and they were on site for the Breakout convention. The owner, Bob McFadden, is very personable and can be reached at info@mcfaddentables.ca. Also, he's based out of Kingston, ON, so you'd be supporting a local craftsman.

Here's a shot of one of his tables in use at Breakout with Bob standing behind it.

How is it I was there all weekend and never saw this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the info. I've been in contact with Bob.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deadpool
Cyprus
flag msg tools
mb
They offer shipping to canada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Ellis
Canada
Timberlea
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
LJplays wrote:
Thanks a lot for the info. I've been in contact with Bob.

Can I ask if you got a table and how you went about it from Rob?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Turpin
Canada
Falmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This guy made my table Corey, ever hear of him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Ellis
Canada
Timberlea
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have heard of him but his page is gone so I assume he is taking a break or he is done making tables

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.