T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you Organize Party Meetings (Rule 6.2.6 in Valley Games edition), does each player do it all at once for every state board before the next player takes their turn, or do you go in order of state boards, taking turns? The rules say: "Beginning with the starting player and continuing clockwise, players buy and place Meeting Markers onto their corresponding spaces on the four State Boards." I interpret this to mean that the starting player buys as many meeting markers as they want on all four state boards (max of 4 per state board) before the next clockwise player takes their turn. But many of the other phases involve each player doing what they want on a particular state board before moving on to the next state board, so everyone would have four smaller turns instead of one large turn. Any ideas which is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thommy8 wrote:
But many of the other phases involve each player doing what they want on a particular state board before moving on to the next state board, so everyone would have four smaller turns instead of one large turn.

Which other phases are you referring to?

I haven't read the VG version of the rules, but they seem to be causing a bit of confusion. I play the 2nd Edition and each player acts once in the Meeting Marker phase (i.e. place up to 4 in each of the active boards all at once before proceeding to the next player)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that is correct as well. At least that's the way I've always played. One benefit is that it makes bank transactions much easier to do as one transaction per player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and that is how the Valley Games edition does things as well.
And there's precious little that's unclear in the VG edition--it just changes a few things from 2nd edition. Maybe for better, maybe for worse, but it's only unclear if you're expecting 2nd ed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Steve, Curt, and Mark. I think the Valley Games rules are actually impressively clear and well-organized, I just like to make absolutely sure on rules that I'm not positive about. I generally have a feeling about what the answer is, but I like to make sure that's how people who've played the game many time before do things. Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.