Subject: Quest Cards Dealing out. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas McPherson
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Folks

I just bought Avalon, and after reading the rules I have a question about the "Quest deck".

The Rules say:
"The Leader Passes a set of Quest cards to each Team member"
But nowhere is it defined what this "set" is, I might just be putting to much emphasis into the fact that since it doesn't say exactly what to mix, then it sounds like its just two cards and not one of each.

But logic would have me put one of each "Fail" and "Success".

//L

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Success and Fail make a set. All loyals need to play Success into the mission, while minions can choose to play either.

If they were random, a loyalist could get two fail cards and could not play according to the rules of the game. Also, the word set suggests non-random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas McPherson
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
Yes, Success and Fail make a set. All loyals need to play Success into the mission, while minions can choose to play either.

If they were random, a loyalist could get two fail cards and could not play according to the rules of the game. Also, the word set suggests non-random.

Thanks for the fast reply, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't got it wrong

And you're completely right on the assesment, that is why I was wondering, since it also clearly states that a good player must always play a "success" but with random split it could be fairly possibly that the good player would sit with two "fail".

Anyway just wanted to make sure, play commences this weekend.

//L
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.