Subject: Established Team Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett Leeson
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
This just occurred to me at work, so I haven't had time to go through and divide my cards out by team to check this out - maybe somebody has more time free than me. laugh

I thought a fun variant, though, might be splitting the free agent pool up by team (City, anyway) and then using THOSE as your roster in a game, if there were enough to make it feasible.

Not sure what you'd do about free agency/buy rounds in that instance, but I thought it might be kind of cool to pit the 'actual' teams against one another and see how they balanced out. Anyone know if this would be feasible or if they would turn out wildly unbalanced?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Delano
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked at the cities and their distribution a while back, and if I remember right it wasn't that practical without combining cities. There are ~20 or so cities in the 120 cards (including all expansions) which means an average of 6 cards per city. Some cities have more, others have less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Leeson
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hmm. I wonder if you could at least take the four starter teams, add their free agents to their rosters, and then use all of the other cities' players as your free agent pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.