Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
The 1910 game says to use the Globetrotter instead the longest road bonus. The Mega game says to use both bonuses. Nothing is said about The Big Cities game. How is it supposed to be played bonuswise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Not certain, but if it isn't mentioned in the rules, I would go with the original.

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Crawford
United States
Chester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to know the answer to this, too. Just the other day, I lost a game of Big Cities to the "Globetrotter" card. I had the longest route but she won by 4 points with the "Globetrotter." I couldn't find anything in the rules about which bonus cards to use in the Big Cities variant (and believe me I looked!). Please tell me it was only supposed to be the longest route card

A strict, RAW, interpretation would be that NO bonus cards are in play for the Big Cities variant.

-Robert Crawford

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both of you offer nice "save face" interpretations, even though playing without a bonus card doesn't feel right for a T2R game. As unlikely as it sounds, to me it looks more like some sort of oversight. It would be great if we could get an official answer. Is it possible to ask DOW a question directly? Would they answer?
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Wang
United States
west covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no bonus card for Big Cities. Confirmed in computer version and the rule set found in computer version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benwang wrote:
There is no bonus card for Big Cities. Confirmed in computer version and the rule set found in computer version.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua H.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benwang wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for clarifying. This really should have been stated in the rules! Glad to have an answer, though it is fun to "spice it up" sometimes by throwing in various bonus cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.