Matthew Gravelyn
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all! Some may have seen my blog (and thanks for all the positive feedback!) but I came down with a pretty bad case of writer's block recently. To that end, because I'm a data nerd, I put together a short survey asking gamers what kind of content and topics they're most interested in. Even if you've never seen my blog, I'd appreciate you taking a couple minutes to fill out the survey for me.

Thank you all!

Direct Survey Link

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I took the survey. I think by posting this sort of thread you invite criticism so here's mine:

Don't write about your personal life. It's a waste of time for me to read that. There are more than 7 billion people on this planet. I have no more attachment to you than to an average one of them. I want to read about games, not how busy you are or how you don't have time to write. Do you know how many fathers there are in the world? It's not special. It's not interesting. It makes my eyes glaze over and I click away.

If you want me to read your game blog, write about games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gravelyn
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough. Although I'd ask if you read more than just the latest post on the blog, as that was the only time I brought it up, and only to contextualize the break in regular articles. I am, by no means, trying to write a "personal" blog. My intention has been, from the start, to write about games and game design.

I appreciate you're post and that you took the survey, so thank you for that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.