Bill Koens
United States
Watsonville
California
flag msg tools
badge
marks the spot.
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game, and had a great time. But something seemed strange. We had a fistfight between a down man and a standing man. The down man kept getting strange results like HEAD hits and the like. I looked through the rules, but I didn't see any restrictions on fighting from one's knees. Does anyone know anything I did wrong, or are there any errata or house rules that address this. Or is this intentional?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
castiglione
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
Well, if someone is standing over someone, the person on the ground could hypothetically kick him in the head while the other person is bending over to hit him.

A good example is the fight between Oleg Taktarov and Renzo Gracie - Taktarov was bending over Gracie and ended up getting kicked in the face.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Henderson
Cayman Islands
Grand Cayman
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's right, a DOWN character may attack an upright character. If the attack hits home, the upright character suffers the penalty described under "Attacking Upwards" on the card. There are no other differences (although, obviously, being DOWN is a serious disadvantage because it hampers your mobility). I am not aware of any house rules for this - it doesn't seem to happen very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.