• [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't sleeve, but I do plan on getting a 9-card sleeve for the character card if they don't include some in the game. I really hope they do though, as they're only sold in 25 and 100 packs and we only need 5 or 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
That is largely based on personal preference, the only game I have ever thought sleeving was a must was Love Letter. The rest sometimes I do sometimes I don't there is no rhyme or reason except maybe number of cards versus how much I like the game.

It is unlikely I would ever sleeve Apocrypa even if it was the best game ever, largely because too many cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
Except Colt Express!
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
I don't sleeve, but I do plan on getting a 9-card sleeve for the character card if they don't include some in the game. I really hope they do though, as they're only sold in 25 and 100 packs and we only need 5 or 6.

Remember you can rearrange memory fragments between plays so having them fixed might not be optimal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. If I'm understanding the posts correctly, there is no harm in sleeving if that's what you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Durgin
United States
Tijeras
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are somebody who generally tends to sleeve games, then you will want to sleeve this. There is quite a bit of shuffling involved, and some cards will get used/shuffled a lot more than others, so they will wear differently. People's sleeving thresholds vary, though.

As for the 9 card storage page, it is easy enough to take cards in and out of those, so I will be using one per active character. Fortunately, I have hundreds of them laying around from my MTG days :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Gong
United States
Kingsburg
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

I hope they include some sheets too.

As for sleeves, nope. Just like Legendary, too many cards. Only cards I sleeve are if they feel "weird" or are difficult to handle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean
msg tools
mbmb
Staples has 10/packs of card pages, but I don't know about the quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madmanw wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Remember you can rearrange memory fragments between plays so having them fixed might not be optimal.

True, but they don't move during a game unless you draw a card that specifically tells you to do so. I'm thinking it would be much easier to maintain my characters between plays. Also, it's just neater on the table and I don't have to worry about loose cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pr0phetbg wrote:
Staples has 10/packs of card pages, but I don't know about the quality.

That's good to know, thank you. I only saw 25 and 100.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Spain
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't bother sleeving the cards used to make up the nexus decks, but I like to sleeve the character decks. Those cards get shuffled and played a lot. Also, if people use different colors of sleeves for their character decks, it's easy to tell whose cards are on the table and keep the decks separate, even if there's cat interference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Spain
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

We're looking into offering something special along those lines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeve all the cards in all the games.
The problem is that with most games, once you have sleeved the cards they don't fit any more on the box.
What I like in this project is that the master edition box will fit sleeved cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
voodoobunny wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:

We're looking into offering something special along those lines.

Yay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That brings up a good point. Will all the cards plus expansions fit in the $100.00 pledge box? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Spain
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
eharding wrote:
That brings up a good point. Will all the cards plus expansions fit in the $100.00 pledge box? Thanks!

The merchandising plan for all the chapters hasn't been finalized, but we'd like a 1-box solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A sleeved solution

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Spain
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
eharding wrote:
A sleeved solution

Absolutely. I hate it when the box won't fit the cards once they're fluffed and sleeved. I promise to make relentless grumpy faces at Elisa if the production samples come back unable to fit sleeved cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Convento
United States
flag msg tools
mb
voodoobunny wrote:
eharding wrote:
A sleeved solution

Absolutely. I hate it when the box won't fit the cards once they're fluffed and sleeved. I promise to make relentless grumpy faces at Elisa if the production samples come back unable to fit sleeved cards.

Can you make those same faces for the next PACG Base Set as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voodoobunny wrote:
eharding wrote:
A sleeved solution

While it would raise the price (and shipping) too much to include, do you think you could give Broken Token (or someone similar) a heads-up on the dimensions? The base PACG box does not work well for traveling. Their solution lets me match compartments to the exact number of cards I have for the scenario we're currently on, as well as keeping them from spreading with the taller dividers. I no longer have to carry it around like a serving tray.

Of course, this might be less of an issue if all the cards are included up front, or even if the included dividers are taller. Just throwing it out there for consideration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest Woodward
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to sleeve games where a few cards will get a lot more wear than the rest and games where you shuffle small decks of cards often. I sleeved my PACG game for both of these reasons and will probably sleeve these as well. For games like Castle Panic where all of the cards get handled about the same amount and the deck is a decent size I don't usually sleeve.

It really isn't expensive to buy enough sleeves for even a large card game like PACG if you buy the almost a penny sleeves from Mayday (especially if you buy them during one of there sales). It can be a little time consuming to sleeve all of the cards but I usually do it while watching TV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please also consider adding some type of divider for the sleeved cards similar to the Sentinels of the Multiverse Enhanced Edition box. The foam in that box was a nice addition as well to keep things from sliding around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Spain
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Elisa (the production manager) has been looking into a number of different solutions for the Apocrypha box. I have no idea what the final answer will be, but I'll make sure to pass your suggestions along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Spain
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
JKNyte wrote:
voodoobunny wrote:
eharding wrote:
A sleeved solution

Can you make those same faces for the next PACG Base Set as well?

Nope. My grumpy faces are unable to cross the time dimension to before the next set was printed. (It's releasing next month.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.