United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I havent had a video game console since my Atari 2600.

However, Gears Of War and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion are making it clear that I want a 360.

What are the 'must have' games for xbox/xbox360?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
Here's a list of the games I have purchased myself:

Project Gotham Racing 3
Table Tennis
Saint's Row
Dead Rising
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Oblivion

PGR3 and Table Tennis are at very low prices now.

Make sure you get a premium with XBox live so you can get all the demos and marketplace games. There's some real gems in there like Geometry Wars and Mutant Storm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I would argue that those are the only two 'must haves' so far, there are a lot of other solid games for the 360 [not that I've played them all]: Viva Pinata, Call of Duty 2, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, Burnout: Revenge, Kameo: Elements of Power, FEAR, Dead or Alive 4, Rainbow Six: Vegas etc.

However, it seems like some of the best titles are yet to come, such as Lost Planet, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Alan Wake, Halo Wars, BioShock, Fable 2, and, of course, Halo 3.

As for Xbox games, not all of them are backward compatible. Check http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygamesli... for the full list as of now. I'm hoping we will see the Kingdom Under Fire games and Phantom Dust in the next update, but I'm not very optmistic. But out of the BC list some of the best games from both a critical standpoint and my own personal bias are probably Halo, Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Jade Empire, Knights of the Old Republic I and II, GTA: San Andreas, Fable, Halflife 2, Star Wars Battlefront II, Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

But Gears of War is brilliant, the online multi-player is the most fun I've had with a game in a long time. Or at least since TimeSplitters 3: Future Perfect.

Also look out for Amazon's possible Thanksgiving deal on a core system for $100, go to their main page for details. The Premium package is otherwise a much better deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.