Subject: Custom Hero: Shrike rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This deck concept was inspired by Ryushikaze's Crimson Hood deck, back on the early pages of the forum.

I made a lot of changes, but the core mechanic of using Arrow cards from your hand to fuel the Hero's Bow Powers is still intact.

The intent is to have him be a DPS hero that falls somewhere between Ra and Wraith.

- Shrike -

Aliases: Michael Rogers

Power Source: Athletic Ability, Archery, Alien Artifact

Nationality: U.S.A.

Bio:
Micahel Rogers was orphaned from birth and got the worst end of the state's foster care system. So, at age 12 he started running. Through the next 7 years, he learned many skills, including archery at which he was a natural. Then, he discovered a recently crashed alien ship of unkown origins and from its wreckage he retrieved a strange artifact that, in appearance, was just a short, metallic rod with a strange sheen. Once he picked it up however, it reformed itself into an impressive tech-bow. Shrike didn't know it, but the rod was actually a tecnological symbiote designed to alter its shape to fit its user's preferred fighting method. Despit the dangers that might come from using an unkown device from the stars, he decided to keep it. As he used it, he learned that the artifact, which he dubbed "The Nightseeker", bonds with the one who wields it and can send a portion of itself with any arrow fired from it which then feeds off the life force of any target killed, which is, in turn, transmitted to the artifacts wielder. Since then, Shrike has started seeking ways to actively fight against the enemies that threaten his world, whether they come from the stars or are only a few blocks away.

Print & Play Cards

Equipment (x4)

The Nightseeker (x2)
Equipment, Limited

After Shrike damages a target, if that target has 2 or fewer HP, destroy it.
Whenever Shrike destroys a target, Shrike regains 1 HP.

Quick Draw Quiver (x2)
Equipment, Limited

At the start of your turn, you may use Shrike's innate power.

Ongoings (x12)

Precise Shot (x3)
Ongoing, Limited
Power:
Play an Arrow card. Increase the first damage dealt by that card by 2.

Scatter Shot (x3)
Ongoing, Limited
Power:
Play an Arrow card. If you do, Shrike deals the 3 non-Hero targets with lowest HP 1 Projectile damage each.

Evasive Fighting (x2)
Ongoing

Reduce the first damage that would be dealt to Shrike each turn by 1.
Power: Shrike deals 1 target 2 Melee damage.

Sustained Fire (x2)
Ongoing

When this card enters play, you may take an Arrow card from your trash and put it on top of your deck.
Power: Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Put 1 revealed Arrow card into your hand and discard the rest.

Hunter's Cunning (x2)
Ongoing, Arrow

When this card enters play, Shrike may deal 1 target 1 Projectile damage.
Increase all damage dealt to Environment targets by 1.

One-Shots (x24)

Razor Arrow (x3)
One Shot, Arrow

Shrike deals 1 target 4 Projectile damage.

Phaseshift Arrow (x3)
One Shot, Arrow

Shrike deals 1 target 3 irreducible Energy damage. This damage may not be redirected or prevented.

Electroprod Arrow (x3)
One shot, Arrow

Shrike deals 1 target 2 Lightning damage. If the target took damage this way, reduce damage dealt by that target by 1 until the start of your next turn.

Decoy Arrow (x3)
One Shot, Arrow

Shrike deals 1 target 2 Sonic damage. If the target took damage this way, 1 other Hero may play a card now.

Blast Arrow (x3)
One Shot, Arrow

Shrike deals 1 target 2 Fire damage. If the target took damage this way, Shrike deals up to 3 other targets 1 Fire damage each.

Tanglecord Arrow (x3)
One Shot, Arrow

Select 1 Environment card in play and put it on top of the Environment deck.
Shrike deals 1 target 2 Projectile damage.

Always Prepared (x4)
One Shot

Search your deck for an Equipment or Ongoing card and put it into play. Then, shuffle your deck.
Draw a card.

Suppressive Barrage (x2)
One Shot

You may discard an Arrow card. If you do, you may destroy 1 Villain Ongoing card and Shrike may deal each Villain target 1 Projectile damage.
Draw a card.

Deck Notes
- Has 20 Arrow cards and 4 cards that always net you an extra card from the deck. Also has some cards that retrieve Arrows from the trash.
- Can play Arrow cards in the play phase and has Ongoing cards that give you Powers to play Arrows from your hand with additional effects.
- Damage output is good, but dependent on having cards in his hand. No Arrows, minimal damage.
- The Hunter's Cunning ongoing is an Arrow card, so it can be played using his Precise Shot and Heavy Shot powers or be discarded by Suppressive Barrage.

He's had decent play testing and seems to function fine.

Thanks for looking and feel free to post your thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dark Current
msg tools
mbmb
I like the mechanic of bow --> arrow card play.

Biggest issue I see is this guy would be screwed by villain / environment cards that destroy equipment.

Always Prepared is his only way to find a Bow quickly, but there are just 4 of 40 cards.

I'm wondering if you moved that card's ability to Shrike's card instead. This way he can always take an action to find another bow rather than relying on luck of the draw. The bow being his signature weapon should always be available imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can see your reasons for wanting that change. I haven't really found it a problem thus far with playing the early game without a Bow, since his one-shots are pretty good in their own right. I find him kind of like Wraith, albeit less reliable.

I think a Bow hunting power would be a great idea for a promo though. I'll put it in the works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Von Chicken Pants
msg tools
dsmail wrote:
I like the mechanic of bow --> arrow card play.

Biggest issue I see is this guy would be screwed by villain / environment cards that destroy equipment.

Always Prepared is his only way to find a Bow quickly, but there are just 4 of 40 cards.

I'm wondering if you moved that card's ability to Shrike's card instead. This way he can always take an action to find another bow rather than relying on luck of the draw. The bow being his signature weapon should always be available imo.

8 bows, 4 equipment/ongoing tutors + a power which draws a card. The chance of you whiffing on a bow after turn 1 is ~12%

If anything this guy is massively overpowered. Even in his low set up state he acts like Expatriate with an extra card play.

Expatriate plays a card to load equipment which is fired by a power. Shrike can play a card, than use a power to play another card. The weakest of which acts like Expatriate's most powerful card.

The barrage O/S is absurd. 4 hacks at 30/39 (26 arrows + 4 ongoing) cards. It's EV is more than 3 arrows per play AND you get to draw another card.

Just about every card is beyond the typical Sentinels power curve. On top of their raw power, the deck is synergistic and touches just about every utility mechanic in some way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dark Current
msg tools
mbmb
Oh yeah, he has a high % chance of getting a bow on any given draw. The one weakness I saw was being heavily reliant on those bow equipment cards. In the scenarios where a villain and/or environment deck has a lot of destroy equipment effects or discard cards I was worried Shrike could get neutered most of the game.

However, if play testing shows this isn't an issue as a game progresses, then he's got a lot of upside. If it was a problem, I'd suggest making his innate ability one that allows him to draw a bow from his deck or trash instead of relying on yet other cards you hope to draw / not lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Papathunder wrote:

If anything this guy is massively overpowered. Even in his low set up state he acts like Expatriate with an extra card play.

Expatriate plays a card to load equipment which is fired by a power. Shrike can play a card, than use a power to play another card. The weakest of which acts like Expatriate's most powerful card.

Well I was comparing him to Wraith who is a great deal stronger than Expatriette imo.

With their full setup, they both get 2 Powers a turn.
Shrike can put out a 3 dmg one-shot, a 5 dmg power, and a 3/2/2 dmg power. He also has the option of 1 of those powers being a card draw + heal.

Wraith puts out a random useful card. Most of her one-shots are on par or stronger than Shrikes imo, but we'll say it's Throat Jab. So that's a 2 dmg one-shot, a 5 dmg power, and a 3/3/3 dmg power. She has the option of 1 or both those powers being a 3 dmg + -1 dmg nerf or a deck manipulator + card draw.

Shrike's powers will have the additional benefit of whichever arrow he used, but the downside of course is he has to spend extra cards from his hand to even use his powers.

For their permanent cards, there's not much to compare.
Several of Shrike's, as I've said, function as one-shots that stick around, so there benefits are minimal. He has a one off 1 dmg reduce each turn and a blanket +1 dmg increase to Environment targets. His good ongoing is in the form of an additional card draw each turn and a one-off arrow retrieval.

Wraith has a dmg revenge card, which is useful in a fair number of situations, a blanket -1 dmg reduction to Environment dmg (very strong), and of course Smoke Grenades = Awesome (IMHO of course).
Papathunder wrote:

The barrage O/S is absurd. 4 hacks at 30/39 (26 arrows + 4 ongoing) cards. It's EV is more than 3 arrows per play AND you get to draw another card.

For there big dmg one-shots, yes Shrike's Stinging Barrage is much stronger than Wraith's Inventory Barrage. It's actually the one card in his deck that hasn't been play tested yet because I've never drawn it. Could very well be too strong.

So when I compare the two, he doesn't really seem stronger to me. Maybe I'm missing something (my math hammer skills for number crunching are admittedly lacking). Then again, Wraith is IMO one of the top 3 strongest Heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Von Chicken Pants
msg tools
I don't think Shrike actually needs a bow. It's just better with one.

Without a bow, Shrike plays an arrow + draws a card and gets +1 damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Von Chicken Pants
msg tools
EmperorEternal wrote:
Papathunder wrote:

Well I was comparing him to Wraith who is a great deal stronger than Expatriette imo.

So when I compare the two, he doesn't really seem stronger to me. Maybe I'm missing something (my math hammer skills for number crunching are admittedly lacking). Then again, Wraith is IMO one of the top 3 strongest Heroes.

You're missing the difference in setup time. Shrike hits like a hammer out of the gate. Without a very lucky draw (multiple equipment tutors) Wraith takes a while to get going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, in all my group's games with Wraith, it's been rare for her to not have most of her setup by the end of turn 3. To me that's fast.

Starting damage wise, Ra hits even harder, but of course he doesn't have any of the additional effects available to him. All he does is damage.

Actually, all of Shrike's arrow one-shots were originally 1 dmg lower, but my brother thought it was too weak compared to Ra and Wraith, and I'd found him often under performing in games. Of course, I made a lot of other changes along with that damage boost so maybe he doesn't need it.

I would suggest play testing it yourself if you haven't yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Perales
United States
North Bend
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maybe you add to all the arrows "This card cannot be played during your Play phase", so they only get played when you use a bow. Of course, then you need less arrows and more 1 shots or you'll have a lot of dead turns. Maybe half the arrows, and turn the other half into 1 shots that do something similar. Your 1 shots can even say "Do X. Discard an arrow card to activate it's text" to give the flavor of doing the shot and firing an arrow along with it, and it costs you 2 cards to balance it out.

If you do that, you may want to make the hero ability something recurs arrows. Then you can make the quiver say something like "Instead of playing a card during your play phase, you may put an arrow under this card. If you do, treat it as if it were in your hand. You may use an additional power during your power phase.". Something like that, the idea being you can store arrows in there that you can use with the bow.

That's all just top of the dome, you can decide if that's fair or not. I love the concept!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dark Current
msg tools
mbmb
I just realized after reading your post that Shrike can play arrows without his bow being in play. That doesn't make thematic sense to me, but does mean that bow destruction isn't a problem as I was originally worried about.

However, reading your thoughts on not being able to play arrows, but storing them in a quiver is an excellent idea. Very thematic. If that's the way this guy goes, then I can definitely see needing to make 'get a bow card' his innate power as I was suggesting earlier.

Of course that'd be a total rework of this guy. I think it would be worth it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry it's taken so long to respond.

Yeah, I've chosen not to go that way. I want him to be different than Expatriette and also avoid all the "attached cards are destroyed when the card they're attached to is destroyed" text.

Actually, that's pretty much how the Crimson Hood hero I borrowed from functioned. If that method interests you, you might check it out.

If you want a "reason" as to why he can fire arrows without a bow equipped, it's because he always has his standard/normal/default/nothing special bow equipped, but can switch to his more advanced/upgraded/teched-out/alien artifact bows when he draws them.

Also, Ive finished his incapacitated art and added it to the first post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Made some recent changes to the deck.

- Razor Arrow no longer increases the next damage dealt by Shrike.

- Electroprod Arrow damage reduced by 1.

- Blast Arrow and Tanglecord Arrow now function differently.

- Always Prepared no longer hunts the trash.

- Several text tweaks and clean ups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Custom Hero: Shrike (with print & play cards)

Have reduced the copies of Razor Arrow and Phaseshift Arrow by 1 copy each in order to boost his Heavy Bow and Scatter Bow by 1 each. This is to make it easier for him to get a bow without needing Always Prepared.

Also, realized there's nothing in his deck that refers to Bows so have removed that keyword from the his bows.

Print & Play cards now available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Pro
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Looks fun!

Phaseshift Arrow looks very powerful. 3 irreducible (which can be further boosted) is a lot, and the no redirect or prevent is something I have not seen on a hero card before. Have you played it against villains that rely on damage prevention or redirection? (I'm thinking about Iron Legacy and Miss Information here, for instance.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not yet. He's next on the "intensive" play testing list though. Glad you think he's interesting! If you find your way to using him, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know how it went.

Edit: Just realized there's a typo on the top page. Electroprod Arrow is only meant to reduce damage by 1 not 2. The print & play card is correct though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Addressing issues were he always has way too many cards in his hand and other small things:

Replaced Successive Fire with Sustained Fire:

- Old -
Successive Fire
Ongoing, Limited

When this card enters play, you may take an Arrow card from your trash and put it on top of your deck.
You draw an additional card during your Draw phase.

- New -
Sustained Fire
Ongoing

Power: Shrike deals 1 target 2 Projectile damage.

This gives him a damage power that does not require cards in his hand.

Changed the power on The Nightseeker bow:

- Old -
Power: Put an Arrow card from your hand into play. If you do, draw a card and Shrike regains 1 HP.

- New -
Power: Put an Arrow card from your hand into play. If a target is dealt damage by that card, Shrike regains 2 HP.

Reduced Hunters Cunning and Evasive Fighting's enter play damage from 2 damage to 1.

Removed the card draw from Always Prepared. This may go back on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Haven't look at this guy before, but I think I quite like him! Not super complicated, just has cool arrows and cool ways to use them. He looks like he could be quite powerful with the right draw (Heavy Bow especially), but can't really say without playtesting him.

I'm surprised that you say he has problems with getting too many cards - from my scan it seems like he is all about his Bows, which make him go through an extra card every turn in most cases, and only has one card (Quiver) that helps him get extra cards (admittedly, Quiver is pretty great and will solve a lot by itself, but it's only a 2 of).

I like a lot of the individual cards quite a lot - Decoy arrow in particular, would be fun to play and makes sense thematically. Supressive Barrage and Hunter's Cunning tells a good little story too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
He is really strong. Puts out quite high damage.

I said he DID have problems with too much card draw. The card changes should help that. The idea is spends some turns shooting Arrows (normal card play & Bow power), then has to take some time off to use his innate to get some more cards. Obviously, the Quiver will help with this enormously. He can also get help from his friends. I just have to make sure I don't overcompensate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
As a lot of the deck is set up to burn through cards fast, obviously card draw is going to be a major need for him. Quick Draw Quiver does a great job of solving this, but I'd worry it's a 2x in a 40 card deck (okay, a 6x if you count Always Prepared, but even then you're not that likely to get it), and he has no other card drawing support. If you get the Quiver you're gold, if you don't it kinda sucks. Compare to say the Scholar, who also needs a lot of cards to do his cool things - he has a bunch of one-shots that draw, a bunch of ongoings that give him draw powers. If he ONLY had 2 copies of Bring what you need, he'd very often be a sad, sad, beardy man.

Perhaps the card draw should be spread out a bit more, with some more cards that support it? Maybe... a tracking arrow that only deals 1 damage but draws you 2(3?) card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ended up leaving the card draw on Always Prepared.

Played a game in which I didn't draw Quick Draw Quiver until the last 2 turns. Tagging out every few turns for either his innate or Successive Fire , I wasn't short on cards, but I was short on Arrows since all his bows were stacked on top. angry

Have tweaked the text of Suppressive Barrage to make the discard voluntary. This way, you can just cycle it out of your hand if you don't want it.

I think he'll probably be fine without more card draw, but if I was going to add more, I'd probably stick it on some of the Ongoings as an enter play effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Assuming he is still a bit too strong, perhaps toning down the bows a bit might help? they all seem pretty great - they each have a decent effect (2 damage, 3 x 1 damage, 2 HP) AND get to play you a card, which is a fantastic combo. Power: Play a card is already pretty sound!

Off the top of my head, Heavy Bow could just be +1 and still presumably be pretty good. Nightseeker could be something like "If a target is destroyed by this damage, gain 2 HP" to weaken it a bit and give some more diversity in how you use the bow? Scatter bow in truth seems a bit odd to me, I'm not sure how a bow (as opposed to an arrow) would let you hit multiple targets, but it could be 2 x 1?

That is of course assuming he is still a bit overpowered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You bring up a fair point about the thematic validity of Scatter bow; I guess I just needed an alternate effect and this WAS adapted off another poster's deck.

I don't think he's too strong, unless you consider vanilla (i.e. unedited) Wraith or Ra too strong (I confess, Imbued Fire does push the boundary and Infrared Eyepiece is pretty ridiculous).

Your version of the Nightseeker is interesting though and it gave me an idea. It would be a slight retooling of the deck, but could be worth it.

A bit of backstory first: The Nightseeker is actually an alien artifact designed to alter its shape to fit its user's preferred fighting method that Shrike retrieved from a crash site. It was just a short, metallic rod when he found it, but once he picked it up, it reformed itself into an impressive tech-bow (since that's the weapon he was skilled in using). It's sorta like a tecnological symbiote that bonds with the one who wields it and can send a portion of itself with any arrow fired from it which feeds of the life force of any target hit, which is in turn transmitted to the artifacts wielder. Due to the deck's construction, I had him have other bows of his own design, but the Nightseeker was supposed to be his primary weapon.

So, my idea would be to turn the Heavy Boy and the Scatter Bow into Ongoings that would function the same, but Scatter Bow would be renamed Scatter Shot, and Heavy Bow could be called something like Precise Shot. The Nightseeker would remain an Equipment, but in order to support the fact that it's the bow he's always using regardless of the type of shot he makes, I could add a passive effect to it that reads "Whenever Shrike destroys a target, Shrike regains 1 HP." or something like that. I'd have to come up with a different idea for its power. Or change it to have a start/end of turn effect or some other passive ability. Might have to alter Successive Fire as well.

Now look what you did, just when I thought he was almost finished, you gotta start the old gears turning again. Anyway, it's just an idea that'll have to ponder a bit. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hunter
New Zealand
flag msg tools
EmperorEternal wrote:
You bring up a fair point about the thematic validity of Scatter bow; I guess I just needed an alternate effect and this WAS adapted off another poster's deck.

I don't think he's too strong, unless you consider vanilla (i.e. unedited) Wraith or Ra too strong (I confess, Imbued Fire does push the boundary and Infrared Eyepiece is pretty ridiculous).

I'm more a fan of tinkering than most, but I consider Ra to be fine generally, but Imbued Fire itself is over the line (it's just a different game if you have it out). Wraith with her full set of equipment dealing 14 damage with just her powers I consider too strong. Hence my own variants . That's just me, though.

EmperorEternal wrote:
Your version of the Nightseeker is interesting though and it gave me an idea. It would be a slight retooling of the deck, but could be worth it.

A bit of backstory first: The Nightseeker is actually an alien artifact designed to alter its shape to fit its user's preferred fighting method that Shrike retrieved from a crash site. It was just a short, metallic rod when he found it, but once he picked it up, it reformed itself into an impressive tech-bow (since that's the weapon he was skilled in using). It's sorta like a tecnological symbiote that bonds with the one who wields it and can send a portion of itself with any arrow fired from it which feeds of the life force of any target hit, which is in turn transmitted to the artifacts wielder. Due to the deck's construction, I had him have other bows of his own design, but the Nightseeker was supposed to be his primary weapon.

So, my idea would be to turn the Heavy Boy and the Scatter Bow into Ongoings that would function the same, but Scatter Bow would be renamed Scatter Shot, and Heavy Bow could be called something like Precise Shot. The Nightseeker would remain an Equipment, but in order to support the fact that it's the bow he's always using regardless of the type of shot he makes, I could add a passive effect to it that reads "Whenever Shrike destroys a target, Shrike regains 1 HP." or something like that. I'd have to come up with a different idea for its power. Or change it to have a start/end of turn effect or some other passive ability. Might have to alter Successive Fire as well.

Now look what you did, just when I thought he was almost finished, you gotta start the old gears turning again. Anyway, it's just an idea that'll have to ponder a bit. Thoughts?

So in this version Precise Shot/Scatter Shot would still have Power: Play an arrow card? If so, seems pretty solid.

Nightstalker would make sense as a general buff. You would assume that he's always using a normal bow (as otherwise none of his powers really make sense - is he throwing the arrows?) but every now and then he upgrades to his super alien bow, which is better. It possibly wouldn't need a power? It does seem like risky flavour territory giving both bows and ongoings extra ways to play arrows - is he shooting arrows faster because of his cool technique, or because he has two bows?

Given the flavour you've got, maybe it could have a static "Once per turn when Shrike deals damage with an Arrow card, you may increase that damage by 2. If you do, Shrike deals himself 2 irreducible infernal (psychic?) damage."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Richardson
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Adelphophage wrote:
So in this version Precise Shot/Scatter Shot would still have Power: Play an arrow card? If so, seems pretty solid.

Nightstalker would make sense as a general buff. You would assume that he's always using a normal bow (as otherwise none of his powers really make sense - is he throwing the arrows?) but every now and then he upgrades to his super alien bow, which is better. It possibly wouldn't need a power

Yes, they'd still have powers and yes Nightstalker would pretty mush have to trade its power for a different effect.

Quote:
Given the flavour you've got, maybe it could have a static "Once per turn when Shrike deals damage with an Arrow card, you may increase that damage by 2. If you do, Shrike deals himself 2 irreducible infernal (psychic?) damage."

Hmmm, yeah it could be something like that; I'll have to play around with it a bit. Some options off the top of my head would be:

- Whenever Shrike deals damage with an Arrow card, you may increase that
damage by 2. If you do, Shrike deals himself 2 irreducible Infernal damage.

- After you play an Arrow card, Shrike may deal himself 2 irreducible Infernal damage. If he took damage this way, draw a card.

Might not need to keep the HP regain. I added it to begin with because I need another bow power. It's only in the bio because it's in the deck.

Plus I'm not sure it would be right to have a self damage card that helps you kill things and has an effect that heals you when you do kill something.

Any thoughts on whether or not Successive Fire's power might need to change?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.