Love Letter: Batman» Forums » Rules

Subject: Any issue with 5 (or more) players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
H.C. So

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
I know the game indicates 2-4 players, but is there a practical reason it can't play more than that? (asides from possibly not having enough victory tokens before any one person gets 7 to win the game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny you ask. I just played a 5 player game earlier this week. While there were no issues per we with the functionality, it did not feel that you got to play enough cards per turn.

Just tonight, I bought a second copy just to play 5-6 player games. There is a suggestion somewhere in the forums that suggest adding one extra of 1-5 numbered cards for 5 players and adding a total of three 1's and one of each of cards numbered 2-6 for a 6 player game.

I think the game will play better with the increased number of players if more cards are added as suggested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sylas vlad venare
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apart from not getting to play that many cards, the only other thing i can think of is perhaps having to wait longer if you are knocked out during the first turn (especially if you didn't even get to play a card).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.C. So

Los Angeles
California
msg tools
Actually I just found a good solution/variant for 5 players: only 4 players play at any given time, but the first player that gets booted out of each round is replaced by the sitting out 5th player for the next round. However, all players, whether playing or sitting out, retains their bat tokens.

And to determine who sit out the first round, play it like the endgame, where everyone draws a card & lowest value sits out (while highest value goes first). Redraw as needed for tiebreakers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play with up to 8 players. Two sets of cards are needed.
See the Big Love Letter file which is in German, but shows which cards and the quantity that are needed.
Pegasus Spiele - Big Love Letter

I made a reference card for Munchkin Loot Letter.
BIG Loot Letter Ref Card v1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.