Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See title, I'm super excited about getting this to the table. I've kickstarted about 30 games and I think this one makes me the most excited. Looks super fun, I dig the artwork, and I like the rulebook. Maybe I've just been reading too many poor rulebooks lately (Castles of Mad King Ludwig, looking at you).

Any advise before my first game (possibly tomorrow)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
themaster408 wrote:
See title, I'm super excited about getting this to the table. I've kickstarted about 30 games and I think this one makes me the most excited. Looks super fun, I dig the artwork, and I like the rulebook. Maybe I've just been reading too many poor rulebooks lately (Castles of Mad King Ludwig, looking at you).

1. It is best at 4 players.
2. Get the bumping started in round one.
3. Connections are great
4. If you can't get a ship early try and take an early lead.
5. Have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Keep setup a little easier and quicker by putting the connection cards mixed up in a draw bag. I also separate city cards from trobils after each game so I don't have to do it for setup the time time it makes it to the table. Chances are good the number of players will be different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
themaster408 wrote:

Awesome Eric! Can't wait to hear how it went.

People tend to try one of three strategies at the beginning:
1 - Gain Connections (I do this if the Connections are ones I want, otherwise I let others grab them up and place new ones)
2 - Get your second (and maybe third) ship (I do this when people are purposely avoiding bumping each other rather than get what they want. I want to be in all their spots lol)
3 - Gain Trobils fast (I do this when I play with a lot of players, because with 6 or 7, you'll only end up with maybe 3 or 4 Trobils. It panics others)

Our expansion will throw in 2 new beginning strategies to choose from, but that's all I have to say about that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth van Doorn
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I sense a traitor mechanic in the expansion, one player trying to save the Trobils...? Some sort of intergalactic PETA (PETT?) perhaps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Barton
Canada
Dryden
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sancmat wrote:
themaster408 wrote:

3. Connections are great
5. Have fun.

1. This game works well with 2 players as well, don't be fooled, it scales well from 2 to 7!
2. Bumpity Bump indeed!
3. Agreed, connections are great, and RiffRaff that give you free ones are even better.
4. Ships are great, but on the other hand, the winner when we played 5 players only had 1 ship out until the last 2 turns. With everyone else with max ships, he was almost guaranteed to get bumped every turn.
5. Doubleplusagreed. This game is fun, enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Barton
Canada
Dryden
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
-THIS IS IMPORTANT!-

It helps when everyone is a big geek/nerd and actually flies their ships around making the appropriate ship noises, theme songs, and cloaking jokes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sanchez
United States
chaska
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BigDumbYak wrote:
sancmat wrote:
themaster408 wrote:

3. Connections are great
5. Have fun.

1. This game works well with 2 players as well, don't be fooled, it scales well from 2 to 7!
2. Bumpity Bump indeed!
3. Agreed, connections are great, and RiffRaff that give you free ones are even better.
4. Ships are great, but on the other hand, the winner when we played 5 players only had 1 ship out until the last 2 turns. With everyone else with max ships, he was almost guaranteed to get bumped every turn.
5. Doubleplusagreed. This game is fun, enjoy!

I've played a few games at all player counts (except 5 for some reason). all of them are good but 4 by my experience is best. As you can see from my other threads it took me a couple tries to be able to teach at 6 and 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BigDumbYak wrote:
-THIS IS IMPORTANT!-

It helps when everyone is a big geek/nerd and actually flies their ships around making the appropriate ship noises, theme songs, and cloaking jokes.

I love this man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BigDumbYak wrote:
-THIS IS IMPORTANT!-

We actually did this naturally. We love the Riffraff cards and their text. Every game someone chooses "the planet express" ship and there's always been some line about Fry delaying them or "I'll bump Lela". Also the Bird of Pray bumping the Enterprise has some good moments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.