Popular Tags: [View All]
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does placing a titian take up a capacity slot when it's been defeated unless it has a plus 1 in the corner

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, only empire cards take up capacity. That plus one symbol in the titan card (assuming you mean the one appearing in this image) is the bonus you earn when defeating it, in this case adding +1 to your empire capacity. Notice how one of the titans in the image I linked has a parchment in addition to the other symbol, meaning that defeating it grants you +1 capacity AND +1 knowledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjørnar Løseth
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
srcabeza wrote:
Nope, only empire cards take up capacity

Are you sure about this? This was interesting. If this is true, we have played it wrong. It kind of makes sense, though, because our plays (though fun and engaging) felt pretty restricted in regards to building.

I have to reread the rules - but an official answer would be nice :-)

(Love the game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure, yes, or at least that is my interpretation. The rulebook explicitly states that empire cards take up capacity, whereas capacity limits are not mentioned in the "attacking titans" section. I think the misunderstanding might come from the fact that both empire and titan cards have tribal banners in them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex dhs
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Only empire cards count for the capacity of your city.
District cards and titans cards may give you a bonus to increase this capacity.
The capacity of your city at the start of the game (4) + bonus capacity from your cards give you the total of empire cards you can have in your city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Williams
United Kingdom
Gosport
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, we missed that one in the rules and have always been playing otherwise. D'oh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis McCarthy
United States
Idelwylde
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
Does placing a titian take up a capacity slot when it's been defeated unless it has a plus 1 in the corner

I would also strongly suggest that you not kill any Titians(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titian). His paintings are rare enough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mikols
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a post in this forum called something like titans and limited slots and Sam heely of dice tower references contacting the designer Ryan Laukat directly.
Dice tower was also playing where titans use up slots and even did review playing this way. While it's not clearly in the rule book Ryan Laukat confirmed to Sam that titans do not take up space.
Thematically some of them give you extra space since after defeating them you can develop an area that was otherwise uninhabitable with that Titan roaming about.
Give this game a try the way the designer intended and you'll have more freedom to expand and get some new cards and I promise it'll be a blast still!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vandeweyer
Belgium
Haaltert
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chris0zz wrote:
While it's not clearly in the rule book Ryan Laukat confirmed to Sam that titans do not take up space.

I have to disagree with the "not clearly in the rule book" part.
Page 10:

rulebook wrote:
Additionally, the player must have enough capacity to hold the empire card. Capacity is granted by District cards and Titan cards and a player's capital city (found on his player board).

It clearly says that only empire cards take up capacity slots. Also, logically a card which grants capacity can not take capacity itself.

When one misses this part and the question comes up during the game, it is easily found back in the rulebook as the capacity symbol is printed right under it.

But we all miss these small things while reading rules for the first time, don't we?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.