I'm loving the game, but the lack of use for leaders bugs me, and always confuses people when I get them to play for the first time.
I've been mulling over this variant, which is partly inspired by this thread about influence: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1219025/influence-determine...
The variant is:
1) The Leader with the highest influence always goes first in turn order, the Leader with the 2nd highest goes second, etc
2) At the end of your turn, you can switch your leader, with any of your followers, if you want to.
3) At least one of your action dice has to be used by your Leader character during the turn.
The idea behind it is to add some interest to the Leader position, through offering an opportunity to control turn order, but also to mitigate that through the need to use a dice on the leader, meaning you can't just choose the highest (or lowest) influence character.
I will be trying it out tonight, but I'm keen to hear any feedback.
- Last edited Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:22 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:22 am
Xavier A. Perez
Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires
It would seem that this would allow the traitor to pick a very low influence survivor and guarantee going last in the turns where he wants to tank the colony.
Also, being the first player is not, in general, something you'd want, as the first player goes in with much more uncertainty as to what is needed for crisis & stuff.
Too much of a game changer IMO.
I'm guessing the expansion will add in something else that goes with the leader. I know stuff was removed relating the the leader in the playtesting so I know it had a use at one point.