Popular Tags: [View All]
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The little corpse pile tokens that come with the game look stupid next all of the impressive minis. My friend has a 3d printer and so I asked him to make a few corpse piles for our game.
http://imgur.com/bE23hkg
http://imgur.com/hEKyH1E
http://imgur.com/v5pRGFP
What do you think of these?

He's going to do the same with Targa Pylons.

I'm wondering what other people have been using for corpse piles and pylons. Please share your ideas and miniature "variants."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work. I ordered the add-on version. Though not sure if they are coming in shipment 1.5 or 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Willy's Taxidermy
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are disgusting...and I wish I had some!

- John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are pretty cool!

Are you willing to share the files for those of us with access to 3D printers?

We've looked around thingiverse for towers that could be used as Targa Pylons, but haven't found anything we like. I was thinking of building corpse piles out of my husband's bucket'o'bits - assorted body parts for customized minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been using these bases from Secret Weapon Miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Adria,
Thank you. I'm glad you like them.
Let me check with FFP Games about sharing those files.
I know that the future of 3d printing run into have some copyright issues.
But if they don't have a problem with me sharing it and the pylons, I'll see if BoardGameGeek will allow it to be uploaded.
Cheers!
MH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have tons of zombicide extra minis (every game comes with standard zombies that i dont need more of.. LOL)
Also i didnt put together the zombies mini on SoB, again too many zombies mini, neither the extra tentacles (have both set) cause i prefer them to go elite so far (that might change so no using those base)
Safe some assembeling time on that
so..
I`m planning to use the base of SoB that i have left, mutilate some of my standards zombies from zombicide >> glue the body parts over the base; and voila

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bludd
United States
Des Moines
IA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made my corpse pile minis out of some leftover Heroscape: Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set minis, the Krav Maga Agents and Marro Warriors in particular. HS minis are made out of a softer plastic that's easy to cut so I trimmed one of the Marro Warrior's legs to make it look like an exposed fibula. I also tried to trim off some other details so it didn't look quite as alien-like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Much, much better Targon Pylons coming soon in the City of Ancients page.

Our 3d artist learned more about Blender and has printed out some amazing pylons. Hopefully I'll have them up by the end of this week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came across these today, they seem pretty nifty

http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=812
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Martin
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kzinti wrote:
Hi Adria,
Thank you. I'm glad you like them.
Let me check with FFP Games about sharing those files.
I know that the future of 3d printing run into have some copyright issues.
But if they don't have a problem with me sharing it and the pylons, I'll see if BoardGameGeek will allow it to be uploaded.
Cheers!
MH

Sorry for the necropost, but I was wondering if you ever posted these.

With all due respect to FFP, they have no say as to whether or not you can distribute or market your original gaming figures, even if you state that they can be used as a substitute for theirs. They can 1) copyright their rulebook (impolrtantly, they can't copyright the actual rules); and 2) any art (figures, drawings, etc.). That's it.

It would be different, assuming they have copyright for their corpse pile figure, if you had recreated their corpse pile art exactly. Then they could claim infringement.

Here, however, you didn't recreate their art. You created something completely different. You can do with it as you wish, including suggesting to people that they use it instead of FFP's figures.

As such, could you please post the 3D file for this figure?

Thanks!

PS: Yes, before anyone asks, I am an attorney. I work on the IT side of intellectual property law.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.