Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
53 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Ha Ha Michigan, how you like them apples? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OSU 42, UM 39. How you like OSU now, Michigan? 3 in a row, 5 of the last 6. Ruined your season. Ha Ha, I exult in your misery.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
I call for a ban on OSU & UM microbadges.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah! Actually, I'm against all microbadges! But, an Ohio State one would be nice. Maybe it could be gold pants, you know, for how we beat Michigan all the time lately. Yeah, that would be great.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I wish I could leave my bones and my skin and float over the tired, tired sea, so that I could see you again
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Since home field advantage is typically considered to be worth about three points, this game should for BCS purposes be counted as a tie. Rematch!

Then we could have a whole month of slobbering, hyperventilating coverage of The Biggest Game of All Time and I mean ever, bigger than penicillin, sliced bread and the rise of the supermodels, so big that every moment you spend not thinking about this game is not only wasted but is a crime against humanity and decency, so shape up you slacker and pick a side.

On second thought....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rematch? Pshaw! Home field advantage may or may not be worth 3 points, but what the hell does a line have to do with the actual game? Nonsense, it is only a means for gambling. OSU is the outright Big Ten champ (Ha Ha Michigan!), it would be wrong to ask the Buckeyes to play those weasels from UM again. They're not even a conference champion. Bring on USC (or any eventual loser that is chosen)!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations. No one thought your team could win--EVERYONE had counted them out...oh, wait. I meant to say that you were the #1 team from the start of the season, and almost noone thought you could lose. So, good job not screwing up!

It was a good 2nd half. OSU was clearly the better team throughout. Best of luck vs USC--I hope you choke on it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
Avatar
Dreadnaut wrote:
Rematch? Pshaw!


Quote:
it would be wrong to ask the Buckeyes to play those weasels from UM again.


Huh. You sound worried.

The rematch is going to happen and will render last night's game forgotten. Sorry.

As a Northwestern fan, I welcome all glory to the Big Ten (it's all I have each January and March).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Huh. You sound worried.

The rematch is going to happen and will render last night's game forgotten. Sorry.

As a Northwestern fan, I welcome all glory to the Big Ten (it's all I have each January and March).


Worried? No. We have the X-factor of Jim Tressel. But, of course, anything can happen. I won't deny it, that game was a slugfest and I don't want to see Michigan again. I guess my point is that OSU won the first match and its not fair to ask us to do it again. What happens if UM wins (perish the thought)? We beat them for the Big Ten championship, but they win the national championship. It should be a split national championship, but that won't happen. Would it be fair to crown UM the national champion by beating the same team that beat them previously. I think it's only right that the national championship should be limited to conference champions (or co-champions where applicable).

It sounds like you think ND will be USC. Do you actually think that will happen? ND sucks, and UM is the one that we have to thank for proving that early this season. Then again, ND has really been rolling up on the service academies lately, so maybe they got better. laugh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Congratulations. No one thought your team could win--EVERYONE had counted them out...oh, wait. I meant to say that you were the #1 team from the start of the season, and almost noone thought you could lose. So, good job not screwing up!

It was a good 2nd half. OSU was clearly the better team throughout. Best of luck vs USC--I hope you choke on it.


Thanks for the, um, compliment?

Yeah, it was a hotly contested match. You guys really brought it to us. It actually surprised me how much both offenses imposed their will on both defenses. It appears to me that OSU was the better team overall, but we did our damnedest to give you the game in the second half (3 turnovers that lead to 10 UM points).

Although, I consider this game the de facto national championship. So, even if we choke in the national championship, I'm happy because we have proven we're the best team in the country.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tracy
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminds me of this article:

"You Will Suffer Humiliation When The Sports Team From My Area Defeats The Sports Team From Your Area"

You can read the rest of it here:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33426

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The only thing worse than professional football is college football.


Thanks for sharing. As if I care about your opinion if you're not even a college football fan.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
By the by, UM fans, how do you feel about the potential rematch? I couldn't believe that UM managed to hold onto #2 in the BCS. I guess it may come down to how USC does in the next couple weeks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BCS rankings are out and That Team from Up North is still #2. They deserve it and all, but I don't really want to see Us and them in Arizona. I mean, it would be a hell of a game and we'd still win (Trust in Tressel), but the result - either way - would be bad.

OSU wins - Michigan fires Lloyd Carr and is expressly humiliated, state goes up in flames; Ohio points, laughs.

Michigan (cough) wins - It's a split national champeeenship and everyone starts questioning the BCS all over again ad nauseum. Lloyd keeps his job, no one cares, because everyone hates Michigan.

So it's a lose/lose. I'd rather play someone else and beat the hell out of them. USC doesn't even match up.

(And for the record, while that game on saturday was EPIC, the 2002 National Championship over the University of Hoodlums still gets my vote for Best OSU Game Evar.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreadnaut wrote:
Quote:
The only thing worse than professional football is college football.


Thanks for sharing. As if I care about your opinion if you're not even a college football fan.


Don't feed the troll.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Don't feed the troll.


You're right. He got me initially though. I guess my Troll radar isn't working that well any more.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You also had a little help from the refs with the "late hit" out of bounds call on that critical drive near the end of the game... that was pretty lame. It was a great game none-the-less!

As for a rematch, I hope there is one for the national championship, although you won't see the same two teams on the field that you saw on Saturday. You'll have two teams that have had a month off, and aren't playing to a level that they've been playing at all season.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
You'll have two teams that have had a month off, and aren't playing to a level that they've been playing at all season.


Did you see the 2002 Championship game? Tressel will have his team READY with a more capital R than that. (And, honestly, if Michigan goes as well, they'll be harder to beat because they're pissed.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Your recents victories over Michigan have less to do with Tressel and more to do with Troy Smith. Bottom line.

We will see how the Sweater Vest and Basket Weaving U will fare without Troy S. next year wont we?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
You also had a little help from the refs with the "late hit" out of bounds call on that critical drive near the end of the game... that was pretty lame. It was a great game none-the-less!


It wasn't a "late hit" call, it was helmet-to-helmet contact that resulted in the penalty. The UM defender clearly lead with his helmet, so the call was justified. Officiating-wise, there were at least a couple calls on each team that were close and it could be argued unjustified, but overall the officiating was equal for both teams.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Your recents victories over Michigan have less to do with Tressel and more to do with Troy Smith. Bottom line.

We will see how the Sweater Vest and Basket Weaving U will fare without Troy S. next year wont we?


It is a pretty well regarded notion that Jim Tressel is one of the best gameplan coaches in the game. His record is 5-1 against UM. So even without Troy Smith, he has a winning record against UM. Even in 2001, he took a team that was not as good as UM up to the Big House and beat them there. I think it is a somewhat silly notion to chalk up the past 3 victories solely to Troy Smith.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I'd say there's no shame in losing to the #1 team in the land by only 3 points. But that's just me.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Personally, I'd say there's no shame in losing to the #1 team in the land by only 3 points. But that's just me.


There's no shame (did I say they should be ashamed?). Um played a great game and they are a great team. But I'm sure UM fans must be smarting right now. The game gave us the outright Big Ten Championship, the chance for a national title, and bragging rights. Hence my post.

Quote:
(And for the record, while that game on saturday was EPIC, the 2002 National Championship over the University of Hoodlums still gets my vote for Best OSU Game Evar.)


Greg, I agree. The emotions of that game were insane. I guess overtime will do that to you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thedude05 wrote:
Your recents victories over Michigan have less to do with Tressel and more to do with Troy Smith. Bottom line.

We will see how the Sweater Vest and Basket Weaving U will fare without Troy S. next year wont we?


One name: Craig Krenzel

Tr3$$3l 4 t3h w1n!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeesh. You're awfully defensive. Here, I'll make it easy on you:

OSU won, and it was convincing. The game played out just like most people said it would, other than the lack of defense. Tressel called a good game, but so did Carr (whose job is NOT in any jeopardy--I don't know where people are getting that). The officiating mistakes went both ways. The game was decided on one badly blown defensive assignment (the 2nd 50 yd run). However, Michigan fans are, believe it or not, getting on with their lives. The anticipation was fun, but now the game is over. Just enjoy it. Take off your game shirt, have a nice bath, and get on with it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Yeesh. You're awfully defensive. Here, I'll make it easy on you:

OSU won, and it was convincing. The game played out just like most people said it would, other than the lack of defense. Tressel called a good game, but so did Carr (whose job is NOT in any jeopardy--I don't know where people are getting that). The officiating mistakes went both ways. The game was decided on one badly blown defensive assignment (the 2nd 50 yd run). However, Michigan fans are, believe it or not, getting on with their lives. The anticipation was fun, but now the game is over. Just enjoy it. Take off your game shirt, have a nice bath, and get on with it.


Defensive? How so? I was just responding to the point that was made that Troy Smith was the only reason for victory and that Tressel isn't that special.

Besides, we won, so that allows us to brag about it for the next year. Isn't that how it usually goes in this rivalry?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.