Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we played this right, but wanted to double check. Couldn't find a definitive answer in the FAQ or on the boards here.

Here's the situation: Final turn of the game, 3 players are placed in the castle, orange, blue, and black (me). orange gives 2 batches, blue 3. I have 4 batched, but now there are only 2 open spaces left. I was planning on building 4 specifically for the favor.

from the rules:
Quote:
nevertheless, if the players are building the Towers
– which are the last section – it is possible that some of them
will not be able to give batches.

I'm guessing I could only build the 2 spaces and blue would get the favor. Wasn't sure if there was some weird ''intent to build'' for getting the favor like there was for not losing 2 points. ... the more I type, the more it seems like I'm stretching this... Anyway, just wanted to double check.

Came as a nasty shock since I was planning on using that favor to advance to the residence on the building track and then use a favor during the final tower section scoring to build a prestige building. Had the resources for the 25 pointer. It may not have been enough to win, but it would have been darn close! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Attia
France
Paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kusinohki wrote:
Here's the situation: Final turn of the game, 3 players are placed in the castle, orange, blue, and black (me). orange gives 2 batches, blue 3. I have 4 batched, but now there are only 2 open spaces left. I was planning on building 4 specifically for the favor.

If orange and black give 2 batches each, and blue gives 3, then blue gets the favor - even if you would have had enough resources to build more.

William

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.