Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Jordan
United Kingdom
Westbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can ships be attacked? The rules don't indicate that they can't be.

The ships however are moved before the sandtimer is set going so removing it with a sabotage leave the ship as "un-marked" and therefore at it's destination!

If ships can be targeted, perhaps a black cube should remain on the ship to indicate it's not got there yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Stapelfeldt
Germany
Lüneburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, the ship can be targeted and the cube should remain on the ships timer. But you still have the option to remove the sandtimer and exchange it with a spare timer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jordan
United Kingdom
Westbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah ok - but the reason for asking is that the UK rules state that the timer is removed to the owner's display when sabotaged. The cube is removed when the timer has run out (in the owner's display). This to me indicates that it has left the ship empty (no timer).

The rules indicate that the timer can be used for another action when the black cube is removed - but this leaves the ship in a location it did not reach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, I'm reading the rules (just got the game) and trying to fit them into these threads. Is there errata for the English rules? They state sabotaged timers are removed and left to run out before they can be used again.

The reply here sounds as if they are left in place, and can optionally be replaced by an unused timer.

Which is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the rule would be clearer if moving the ship meant running a timer on it first, then moving it... rather than moving it and then running the timer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glomeor wrote:
Mr. Stapelfeldt wrote:

Right, the ship can be targeted and the cube should remain on the ships timer. But you still have the option to remove the sandtimer and exchange it with a spare timer.

I think I see what you mean. The attacking player puts the black cube in the targeted player's spaceship, but the targeted player must allow the timer still in the spaceship to run out before being able to use it again for any purpose - including removing the black cube still in the spaceship. I think this would be a good approach - Is that what you meant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.