Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Watson
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. A new 60 minute cooperative game from GW playable 1-4 players. Intriguing. It goes on sale tomorrow (4/25). I'm guessing it'll be for sale at some outrageous price tag. And yet, I'm still strongly considering it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
I'm thinking about how the title of the game has the words "Ass" and "Ass" as the first two things I read about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a semi-static board. The rules that I've seen so far seem like they have a basis in Space Hulk, with several add-ons inspired by old White Dwarf expanded rules for Power Armoured Marines, Imperial Guard (in the form of cultists) with 'thematic' elements from Warhammer Quest & Space Crusade. Seems to have a Metal Gear like 'sneak' aspect to it and the A.I. feels alot like Castle RavenloftCastle Ravenloft. I could be totally off, but I think it looks fun and has potential for fan expansion, using the existing model range and existing Space Hulk boards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You put your ass-ass in, you put your ass-ass out, you put your ass-ass in and shake it all about ...

Then you do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around ...

That, my friends, is what it's all about.

fightcitymayor wrote:
I'm thinking about how the title of the game has the words "Ass" and "Ass" as the first two things I read about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
aquilaprime wrote:
You put your ass-ass in, you put your ass-ass out, you put your ass-ass in and shake it all about ...

Then you do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around ...

That, my friends, is what it's all about.
Which is better than:

"Hey, dude, did you play that new GW co-op game?"
"Yeah, man, that game was total ass."
"Seriously?"
"Yeah, seriously. Like total ass."
"Like total ass ass?!"
"Totally."
"Man... that sucks ass."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm excited to see them support both solo play and coop! That alone makes it a nice improvement over Space Hulk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the fact that it supports 1 to 4 means it will hit the table more than Hulk. It's hard to get pure 2P games to the table anymore.

mermuse wrote:
I'm excited to see them support both solo play and coop! That alone makes it a nice improvement over Space Hulk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Looks like they added it to the website but haven't connected it to the store yet. If you click on it you get this error...

Error 404 - All Records Expunged from Library
Sorry, the page you are looking for does not exist or it may never have existed. Not to worry, just click on the Games Workshop logo to return to the homepage.

Maybe it will be available at midnight?

So far there is a bundle version with the latest episode of white dwarf and a paint set, a hard cover novel, and a different audio book novel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mermuse wrote:
Looks like they added it to the website but haven't connected it to the store yet. If you click on it you get this error...

Error 404 - All Records Expunged from Library
Sorry, the page you are looking for does not exist or it may never have existed. Not to worry, just click on the Games Workshop logo to return to the homepage.

Maybe it will be available at midnight?

So far there is a bundle version with the latest episode of white dwarf and a paint set, a hard cover novel, and a different audio book novel.

It's up on the New Zealand store front

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nastywarnob wrote:
Hmmm. A new 60 minute cooperative game from GW playable 1-4 players. Intriguing. It goes on sale tomorrow (4/25). I'm guessing it'll be for sale at some outrageous price tag. And yet, I'm still strongly considering it.

You guessed right:

$248. shake

Anyone who buys this waives the right to complain about GW pricing for ever more!

EDIT: Just realized this is the price in New Zealand pennies, so here's hoping for a sane price after all. At least for those who don't live in Middle Earth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to see that there are multiple boards and a clever 'exploration' mechanic as the room tiles are overlaid randomly(?) over the blank areas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
The UK retail price is £75. Pretty standard for this kind of game nowadays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euron Crows Eye
United Kingdom
radcliffe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like release as slipped to next week
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
:p

The title is a mouthful. I'm sure everyone will just wind up calling it Ass Force for short.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.