Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I've uploaded a JPEG of my new map to BGG:
http://boardgamegeek.com/image/162476

I'm going to be doing a little bit of tweaking, but then I will uploadinng the PDF for anyone who wants it. I'll also have the original uncompressed PSD and PDF files (about 80 megs each) available then too.

Any comments or questions are welcome. I know it's not a serious game, and this looks like a very serious board, but I just think that the original is just too bland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LC
United States
Florissant
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Very nice. I really like the towns. I know this is much harder but it would be nice if you could make the towns look more different from one another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin E
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a very nice looking board...serious and fun! Retains and enhances the nice thematic flair of the game. Makes me want to play Way Out West ASAP(and I haven't played this in a long time).

As for comments/suggestions, i concur with what Laurin suggested about making the towns look different...although the picture you have chosen does have the nice corral area which you integrated well into the game's corral areas, and can see why you might want to stick with it. Only other suggestion would be to somehow visually indicate on the "turn tracker" that you collect income every third turn.

Looks good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Amos
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can fix the turn tracker. There are some spaces there between the turns to differentiate it a bit, but obviously it's not noticeable enough.

Making completely different and new towns is probably out of my ability. They are already different, but only slightly if you look at the details.

Thanks for the comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Poolman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Ryan,

You've done an amazing job with the board! Congrats!

If it proves useful to you, I'll throw out a concern I've heard recently a number of times (I've just introduced the game to my group):

It would be helpful if the Bank and Railroad somehow indicated they came with their guard; likewise, but less importantly because it is about the only use of it, the sheriff with the jail. And perhaps some symbol on the bank and jail to indicate that they can never be stolen (only, at worst, destroyed?)

Anyways, beautifully done!

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.