Klaus Gunther Herzog
This is not really a variant for game-play, but rather a start-up suggestion.
My friend and I now have both expansion packs, and all nine themes to choose from. While we do enjoy the Dual of the Princes and choosing 3 of the 9 themes, sometimes I miss the cards that are taken out because they have the "moon" symbol. Plus the slightly shorter game length, and the flavor of being able to focus on one theme at a time.
So, here's what we came up with as a theme selection process.
1) Roll the production die to see who gets to choose a theme first.
2) Take turns choosing 3 themes each from the 9 available. So what you will end up with is 6 possible themes, with 3 of the 9 eliminated as possibilities.
3) Put the chosen themes in a row, in the order chosen.
4) Roll the production die.
5) Counting from the left side of the row (as facing the start player), choose the theme stack that matches the die roll from (4) above.
Of course, this whole process only makes sense if you also have both expansion sets.
Alternatively, and for those with less than all 9 themes, beginning with the start player, take turns REMOVING one theme from those available until you're left with the one you'll be playing.
- Last edited Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:19 pm (Total Number of Edits: 2)
- Posted Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:09 pm