Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They now have a "director of trends." Someone should tell him about BGG

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/19/business/yourmoney/19toys....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
violentzen wrote:
Mr. Storch's ...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0832415/ ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb

Skelebone, that was exactly who I thought of.

But I have noticed an improvement in TRU service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I wish I could leave my bones and my skin and float over the tired, tired sea, so that I could see you again
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
My family definitely buys more toys at Target and, to a lesser degree, Wal-Mart. They don't necessarily have more stuff, but they have more stuff we want and at a lower price. And of course TRU's game selection typically sucks, although the nearest one did recently have the $20 sale on Monsters Menace America, Vegas Showdown, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toys R Us will always have a soft spot in my heart for all the AH games that they clearanced between $2 and $5 in the late 80's or early 90's. Some I still have, others I took to the auction at Gencon.

When I was a kid (just after the dinosaurs), I loved getting TRU gift certificates. It was the only store that had a lot of the toys and games (like Careers) that I wanted. When they had a monopoly on the cool toys, they had a chance. But with no discounts and no monopoly, I think the online competition will ruin them.

I actually bought a TtR there a few years ago hoping to encourage them to carry non-Hasbro games, it didn't seem to trigger the avalanche that I was hoping for.

Next time they have a Pokemon event, I'll have to notice the floors, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just used to love to go there and drool over their extensive collection of Micronauts and Shogun Warriors... ( yes it was the 80's )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.