Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
49 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Firefly: The Game» Forums » General

Subject: This is awesome. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Boyle
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb


Just thought i'd post a link here to show off the the Firefly module in Tabletop Simulator. - I'm thinking about importing and saving all the custom decks from here and then play with them.

This is just the base game and there's not a super big community on there but if people are interested in it i'd love to play with some BGG people.

For people like myself who have been dying for a digital version of firefly this may be just what the doctor ordered. Available on steam.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Saunders
United States
Hot Springs
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to look into that. Looks great!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boyle
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I've used it for X-wing miniatures and cards against humanity but not firefly properly yet but the mod looks solid apart from the lack of expansions.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/ for the game and then search workshop for firefly.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bozbacca wrote:
I've used it for X-wing miniatures and cards against humanity but not firefly properly yet but the mod looks solid apart from the lack of expansions.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/ for the game and then search workshop for firefly.
are you talking about the "Firefly Online Cortex"? if so, there's not really much to do there (unless I'm missing something); looks great, but nothing really "to do"...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boyle
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
No this is the boardgame simulated entirely on your computer and playable vs real people over the net
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bozbacca wrote:
No this is the boardgame simulated entirely on your computer and playable vs real people over the net
ok, looks great...but where can I find this? (it's not on Steam, as far as I can tell...only the "cortex")...and, can you play solo? thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I'd love to find it, too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=369624...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
ok, i'm already a Steam member...I followed the link and "subscribed"...but nothing happened, no place to download, or play???
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Coz
Canada
Hamilton
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
it is a player made add on for TableTop Simulator. so you need to own tabletop simulator then download the add on.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaCoz wrote:
it is a player made add on for TableTop Simulator. so you need to own tabletop simulator then download the add on.
ok...so where would I get the table-top simulator? thanks...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Moss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
He posted the link that should take you to the Steam Store page further up in this thread. That or do a Search for it in the Steam Store.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boyle
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I've also since found it on sale elsewhere (still redeemable on steam i believe.) http://www.bundlestars.com/store/tabletop-simulator-4-pack/
http://www.bundlestars.com/store/tabletop-simulator/

Links for both the 4 pack (which is cheap if you can find 3 friends to go in with you)

Or the standard 1 pack which is also cheaper than steam.

It's really fun to be able to play tabletop games on your computer and it plays very much like the real thing.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=369624... for the firefly mod.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boyle
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Also Gwek we can playtest some stuff on here Really easy to add more decks to the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bozbacca wrote:
I've also since found it on sale elsewhere (still redeemable on steam i believe.) http://www.bundlestars.com/store/tabletop-simulator-4-pack/
http://www.bundlestars.com/store/tabletop-simulator/

Links for both the 4 pack (which is cheap if you can find 3 friends to go in with you)

Or the standard 1 pack which is also cheaper than steam.

It's really fun to be able to play tabletop games on your computer and it plays very much like the real thing.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=369624... for the firefly mod.
chris, thanks...so:
- purchase and install "table-top sim"
- then I go to the Firefly Steam page (link above)?
- then what happens? does Steam "know" I have the sim? where do look for a game? and, I assume you can not play this solo (too bad)

thanks, your answers will hopefully get me going today!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boyle
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Yes it knows. It'll auto download it and then you should be able to load it up through the in game menu.

In theory you can play solo - just like the regular boardgame. It's also fully customisable so you could even add the custom decks on here in minutes!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boyle
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
To note. This is very manual everything plays exactly like a regular boardgame. You even pick up and throw the dice
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
To be clear, it doesn't calculate or automate anything - it just puts the bits on the board for you. So, for example, if Crew get disgruntled, you manually add the tokens or if they get killed you manually remove them from the game, yes?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bozbacca wrote:
I've also since found it on sale elsewhere (still redeemable on steam i believe.) http://www.bundlestars.com/store/tabletop-simulator-4-pack/
http://www.bundlestars.com/store/tabletop-simulator/

Links for both the 4 pack (which is cheap if you can find 3 friends to go in with you)

Or the standard 1 pack which is also cheaper than steam.

It's really fun to be able to play tabletop games on your computer and it plays very much like the real thing.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=369624... for the firefly mod.
I must admit i'm totally confused:
- went and paid for "table-top sim"
- nothing happened? no downloads, nothing?
- did not rec. an email with any info/download instructions...just an email seeing if I wanted a newsletter?\

again...this is new to me, but I would have assumed that after paying something would have happened...I've gone back to the Steam link, and I see nothing different than before I paid for the TTSim? what am I missing?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boyle
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Did you buy from steam or the bundle link posted above? If from steam it may be in your games library. If it's from the site I linked to it may be that they need to email you a code which you then enter on steam. Be sure to check your spam box just in case also
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boyle
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Precisely it's a true simulator of boardgames. Don't like a rule choose to ignore it. You deal in tokens you move your ship manually everything. It's just playable online with people a world away.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bozbacca wrote:
Did you buy from steam or the bundle link posted above? If from steam it may be in your games library. If it's from the site I linked to it may be that they need to email you a code which you then enter on steam. Be sure to check your spam box just in case also
I bought from the "bundle link", but no code has been rec'd...and the link above to Steam just shows you the game; there's no way to purchase anything?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boyle
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
https://support.bundlestars.com/hc/en-us/articles/202325661-...-
This may help.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bozbacca wrote:
thanks, i'm doing this now...would have been nice if the "bundle company" sent the same info.!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bozbacca wrote:
Precisely it's a true simulator of boardgames. Don't like a rule choose to ignore it. You deal in tokens you move your ship manually everything. It's just playable online with people a world away.
ok, TTSim installed and running...'subscribed' to Firefly in steam...but nowhere does it give me the option to load/play the game?

- if I go to BundleStars and login, that's fine...but there's nowhere to get the game or play it
- same with Steam

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.