Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Barringer
United States
Rushford
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone explain the rules about how the player with the Hill Giant or another piece of special terrain is allowed to place it?

I assume they can't just choose anywhere on the board, but maybe I am wrong. What are the restrictions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Verbatim from the rules " Before the game's first turn, the player must decide where to place his Creatures' Lair. When both players have a Creatures' Lair to place, the player who moves first in the scenario must place his Creatures' Lair first. Each Creatures' Lair must be placed on an empty hex, on the 3rd or 4th row of hexes from the controlling player's side."

This is true at all times, except if explicitly overriden in writing (in the effect's description of the lair, or in the Adventure's Battle notes).

Eric @ DoW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
While details are skecthy at this point, we have been told (by Eric via blog.battlelore.com follow-up reply) that a player with a Leve 3 Rogue Lore Master can place the Rogue's hideout anywhere in the third or fourth row from his side. Whether this also applies to other owned-landmarks (I'd guess yes) and how the placement is 'ordered' (I'd guess players alternate, starting with first player, placing one landmark at a time until both players have placed all of their landmarks) is still speculation.

I'm also most curious about how to 'resolve' when more than one player wants the same monster. If I want the Hill Giant, and you want the Hill Giant, and there's only one Hill Giant, who gets it? It looks like lore-council decisions (which is when you'd decide to assign one Lore level to a Creature) are simultaneous (but maybe not)... so if both players try for the same creature... does the 'losing' side get to reassign its otherwise-wasted lore level?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrit Kroon
Netherlands
Houten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite a powerful extra. You opponent won't be able to adjust his troop layout when you get to place it. Shore up a weak section or overpower an already powerful wing to utterly crush the enemy. More decisions to make, I like it! Makes it more worth to invest a war council point in a monster.

Quick giant question:
If you place the rockpile of the giant on square that has the red dots can you use the rock throwing ability by ordering when ever you use a command card that allows ordering units on one of the sections?
Seems great for added defence if you need to hold a certain location on the board. Bombard the enemy when they are closing in and let them feel the might of the hammer when they get close. Ouch!

Looking forward to see the first adventures using the giant and or elemental. Actually I’m looking far more forward to the game arriving, but still

Can’t wait till we can start designing adventures ourselves. Thinking of a few scenarios but missing info to make them concrete yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.