Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For sale is really really like by my group of friends, is high socity worth adding to my collection or much to similar looks the same aside from a few rules..

any other games same price range that are similar i may of missed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: if you have for sale do you need high socity? any reccom
My opinion: Both are absolutely terrific games. The similarity is that they're both 15-minute auction games, but beyond that they have a rather different feel. I'm glad I own both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Chavez
Mexico
Monterrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you absolutely need For Sale. It's different enough to provide a new experience, plus similar enough that you know your crowd will enjoy it. If nothing else, ou should use it to avoid getting "burned" with High Society --you know the feeling, when you have played a game so much it actually starts to bore you.

If your group enjoys those games, you'll probably have fun with Coloretto. For slightly more social mechanic, try Saboteur. And if you have weird senses of humor, try Give Me The Brain or Lord of the Fries (I prefere the first). The last two are particularly cheap.

Happy gaming

Antonio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
meh spent up printymuch and aremspelt web site didnt have high socity in the end.. so will have to put that game off for while.. next question

TOPPO or SET main factor seems to be set plays more players butis it other wise same game why does toppo not do as many players?
2-4 only

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crocker
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL...that's easy for you to say, milarky (tip to you). Now I'm in the mood to watch " A Clockwork Orange" again. Appypolyoggies, droog!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: if you have for sale do you need high socity? any reccom
I've probably played about 150 games of High Society. Don't imagine ever getting burned out on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
My group has gotten burned out from time to time on For Sale, so it's nice to have another filler on hand. High Society plays rather differently enough to own it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.