Subject: Blocking an assassination rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael van der Zande
Netherlands
Wateringen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens when I get assassinated and I declare a block with my contessa, which I don't have, and I get challenged?

Is the assassination still blocked and I lose 1 influence or does the assassination still happen and I lose 2 influence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
The latter one. You lose one for the failed claim and one for the assassination.

In this case you can also challenge the player not having an assassin instead of claiming contessa. The result is the same if you lose, but you get one influence off the other player if you stay in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Flynn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Something I've never understood - is there ever a reason not to either claim Contessa or challenge the Assassin card if you only have one influence left? It seems like if you have no legit claim to stop it from happening, you might as well choose another anyway since you can't lose two influence regardless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
christophobia wrote:
Something I've never understood - is there ever a reason not to either claim Contessa or challenge the Assassin card if you only have one influence left? It seems like if you have no legit claim to stop it from happening, you might as well choose another anyway since you can't lose two influence regardless.

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
christophobia wrote:

If you see every game by itself, then indeed one of those choices is the way to go.

However, in the light of all the games you play with the same people, sometimes taking the loss is not such a bad thing, if you wouldn't have won the game otherwise. This way you may get away with a bluff when you still have an opportunity to win in a later game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.