Hide
6 Posts

Smash Up» Forums » Rules

Subject: Homeworld Mechanics? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tamarin Lorr
msg tools
Homeworld (23 Breakpoint): After each time a minion is played here, its owner may play an extra minion of power 2 or less.

Does this base ability stack on top of itself? Are players able to play even more minions after they've played the first "extra" minion? If this is the case than players can essentially dump their entire hand onto one base.

I feel as though logically you should be able to do this since the ability says PLAY an extra minion. However in some cases it can get ridiculous. I had a friend playing robots and they dumped 8 cards in one turn.

What does the community think? Is there already a forum out there addressing this rule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel F
msg tools
I think that, as you said, the wording is clear. It even goes out of it's way to say after EACH minion is played here. I agree it is very powerful for the robots, and I'm not sure why it's an alien base. My only idea about that is: dump a bunch of L2 minions and then Terraform for Rhodes Plaza Mall--seems like a pretty specific use case though.

Anyway, unless there has been some official ruling to the contrary, I believe that is how it should be played: you get an extra minion after EACH minion, even if it is already an extra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No one is surprised that anything to do with the Robots has them playing a large number of Minions every so often.

It's their thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Heil
msg tools
It's an alien base because you can play invader and then play collector in the same turn, every turn. But yes, if you continue to play Power 2 or less minions on Homeworld, you can play every 2 or less in your hand on the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lee
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a game I recently played, one guy managed to put all his Locals there in one turn, then captured it with an Encouragement Power. One of the most funniest things I've seen...

But yes, it is an Alien base, and it's meant for you to Invader farm easily, as Roger mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it does indeed stack on top of itself

To do...Alien-y stuffs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.