• [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. My copy does not get enough play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never played but want to (have mentioned this to Caity).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:
I'm in. My copy does not get enough play.

I'm thinking we should start out with the basic ruleset? And maybe PBF2, if it works out nicely, we can do the advanced game or maybe even a scenario?

If Jarek has played before, maybe he has thoughts as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I'm wondering if we should just do the advanced game. I'll recap the differences:

Basic Game
Rules:
- No items
- All escape hatches function
Win conditions:
- The first Human to escape wins the game. (Humans are not on the same team.)
- Aliens are all on one team, they win if no one escapes in 39 rounds OR they kill all humans

Advanced Game
Rules:
- Items can be discovered, that are only usable by humans
- Some escape hatches are damaged and can't be escaped through
Win conditions:
- Any humans that leave the ship win the game. (Humans can cooperate.)
- Aliens are all on one team. They win the game if they can eliminate the last remaining human on the ship, OR if there's still a human alive after 39 rounds.
- It's possible for joint wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to right away say no to the hatch cards. They are dumb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:

Yeah, I am inclined to agree. I think I was leaning more toward it based on the win conditions and the items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
If this involves note-taking, I think I might sit out until it's clearer how it translates to PBF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:

Provided scenario options related to Hatch Sectors:

D.1 - Escape Hatch Sectors are always open and can be used by all Humans. Do not use the Escape Hatch Cards.
D.2 - Escape Hatch Sectors are all open at the beginning of the game. Do not use the Escape Hatch Cards. But, each Escape Hatch Sector can be used by only one Human, and becomes blocked after use.
D.3 - Aliens can move onto Escape Hatch Sectors. If they do, they can permanently block that Sector by attacking it.

D.4 - Blocked Escape Hatch Sectors can be opened by using one or more Item Cards (chosen by the players). You can choose to require specific cards, or simply to discard any cards.
D.5 - Players can try to open a blocked Escape Hatch Sector by drawing an Escape Hatch Card when they move into an Escape Hatch Sector. Since players must move every round, you can only attempt this every two turns.

D.6 - All Escape Hatch Sectors are blocked at the beginning of the game. They open automatically after a number of turns have passed (chosen by the players).
D.7 - All Escape Hatch Sectors are blocked at the beginning of the game. They are open only during specific turns (chosen by the players: e.g., only on odd-numbered turns, or turns in the 20’s, etc.).
D.8 - Only one or some of the Escape Hatch Sectors (chosen by the players) are open (or openable, if combined with any of the rules above).

---

I think I like option D.3.
D.4/D.5 sound not terrible, but maybe wonky. I also like the D.6/D.7.

I think I would propose using D.3 or D.7 to replace the deck. Not a fan of just ditching it completely (D.1).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantin
Georgia
Samegrelo
flag msg tools
badge
I haven't yet played, but like D.3 and 7 the most as well. Hatch variants look fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
But the higher player count make 3 not an option. With 4 aliens, they could just out themselves, each pick a hatch and destroy it.

Realistically, if we play with a big enough map, it will take 20 or so turns for a human to reach a hatch anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hatches make the game very random. I'd say PBF#1 - vanilla. PBF#2 - items with broken hatches. PBF#3 - start experimenting (less aliens, items + working hatches). I predict Aliens will win first two games

I'd love to play, but will have to skip the first game. So go ahead and have fun, kids!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif The Lucky
United States
Washington DC
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
I play WIFOM with empty glasses
badge
Viking's Law: Anything that can go wrong, *SHOULD*
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll join and take Jarek's spot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like taking notes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:
But the higher player count make 3 not an option. With 4 aliens, they could just out themselves, each pick a hatch and destroy it.

Realistically, if we play with a big enough map, it will take 20 or so turns for a human to reach a hatch anyway.

Right...

Hm. I was thinking for the first game just doing Galilei.

JarekWarsaw wrote:
Hatches make the game very random. I'd say PBF#1 - vanilla. PBF#2 - items with broken hatches. PBF#3 - start experimenting (less aliens, items + working hatches). I predict Aliens will win first two games ;)

I'd love to play, but will have to skip the first game. So go ahead and have fun, kids!

That's the progression I felt like doing at first. Maybe that should be how we do it.

I think I'll do PBF 1 as basic, and PBF 2 we can see how many people liked it and want to play again, then we can revisit hatch rules.

What do you think, slinky?

(We could do something smaller than Galilei if we're interested in just getting something going, but I've only ever played Galilei. It's just what I printed out and seems pretty starter. I actually haven't gotten a chance to explore much of the maps and scenarios, but the customizability was always neat to me. Galilei gives plenty of time for bluffing, etc, and lots of movement options.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Johnson
United Kingdom
Boston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this the signup thread? I'm in, if so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Thumbs up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested if there is room.

I don't own this game, is there info on what the items are?

Edit: Never mind, looks like first PBF may be without items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Burr
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Blue meeples FTW!
badge
I'm so blue.
mb
If there's room, I'd like to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Choose your ship:

EftAiOS PBF#1 - Galilei - Round 6
EftAiOS PBF#2 - Galilei Dos

If these goes well, then I'll run an advanced game next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huzzah huzzah!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.