Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Juhl
Denmark
Ørbæk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Almost positive I know the answer, but just want to be absolutely sure.

All characters with an "!" receive this bonus at gamestart right?
Ex. Caprini get 3 extra coins during setup in addition to the 7/8/9/10 coins players normally get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maeddes maeddison
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
badge
Der Mensch wird am Du zum Ich. Buber
mbmbmbmbmb
mjuhl wrote:
Ex. Caprini get 3 extra coins during setup in addition to the 7/8/9/10 coins players normally get.

correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Juhl
Denmark
Ørbæk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the fast replies guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Der Einsielder
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mjuhl wrote:

Yes.

The "!" on all the other tiles work the same way btw. - these tiles give the bonus at the beginning of a round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wißner
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mjuhl wrote:

Probably just a wording issue, but: Characters with an ! receive the bonus at the start of each round. So yes, once his first action comes around, Caprini will have those extra three coins.
So while the start of the first round still could be interpreted as "gamestart", saying that the extra money is received during setup is definitely misleading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Juhl
Denmark
Ørbæk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
MiWi wrote:
mjuhl wrote:

Probably just a wording issue, but: Characters with an ! receive the bonus at the start of each round. So yes, once his first action comes around, Caprini will have those extra three coins.
So while the start of the first round still could be interpreted as "gamestart", saying that the extra money is received during setup is definitely misleading.

I get your point, but as you point out it's just a matter of wording.
You get the bonus before the first round. Exactly when is completely irrelevant to actual gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Laubender
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a game setup (before the first round) and a round setup (before the first turn of each round). The "!" is part of the round setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ste ma
msg tools
mb
mjuhl wrote:

You get the bonus before the first round. Exactly when is completely irrelevant to actual gameplay.

before EVERY round

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.