3 Posts

Alhambra: The Vizier's Favor» Forums » Rules

Subject: Alhambra special rules for 2 players & Vizir rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Per Bolmstedt
Sweden
flag msg tools
Alhambra has special rules (in the main rules) for playing with exactly 2 players. For example, there's a virtual player called Matt on whose virtual courtyard you can place buildings you buy. These special rules create some ambiguities and/or special circumstances with the Vizir expansion, as far as I can see. For example,

1. can you give Builder's Huts to Matt? (We elected to play that way, and let each Hut be worth 1 building, regardless.) Also,

2. the Vizir's Favour - in a 2 player game, can it be used for an "extra build" during your turn, and how would that affect gameplay? Maybe it's better to just not wake the Vizir in a 2 player game?

Anyone have some thoughts on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are my thoughts on the elements of the expansion for the 2-player game:

- Vizier's Favour: You could use it to grab another building right after your turn. Useful if you draw the building you want, or if you use your turn to pick up money.

- Currency Exchange: Works well as written.

- Builder's Huts: If you use these, you need to allow giving them to the 3rd player ("Dirk", after the game's designer, in the English version) in some way. Your idea of making them always worth 1 building is good.

- "Goal" cards: These seem to add less to a 2-player game, but I suppose they work. Give Dirk an equal number, face up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
Here are my thoughts on the elements of the expansion for the 2-player game:

- Vizier's Favour: You could use it to grab another building right after your turn. Useful if you draw the building you want, or if you use your turn to pick up money.

- Currency Exchange: Works well as written.

- Builder's Huts: If you use these, you need to allow giving them to the 3rd player ("Dirk", after the game's designer, in the English version) in some way. Your idea of making them always worth 1 building is good.

- "Goal" cards: These seem to add less to a 2-player game, but I suppose they work. Give Dirk an equal number, face up.

I disagree that you should give matt/dirk an equal number face up. That would leave only 1 card hidden so you would know, almost exactly, which bonus cards your opponent had.

If you really wanted the virutal player to have them, perhaps you could reveal one for him in each scoring round or something?

I intend to only give bonus cards to players though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.