Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Butcher
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, we got some weak-spot damage cubes placed (in the legs). A successful roll of 2+ and 3+ prevents catastrophe. But, now I've got damage all over my legs, and I need to repair (4 spots) in order to move.

My question is... Why ever repair weak-spot squares where successful avoidance rolls were conducted? Or, at the very least, do them last? According to the rules, the avoidance rolls for Volatility squares and Weak-spot squares are conducted when a damage cube is placed into the square, rather than each round if/when there's a damage cube there. So theoretically, if I just leave the black damage cube on those squares, I won't have to contend with the avoidance roll in the future. I can repair all the other ones, and move with impunity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kimball
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
You are correct, in almost every instance you would not want to repair those Weak-Spots. Think of them as the off chance something goes catastrophically wrong when you get hit in the legs, not as an eventually guaranteed chance that something will.

Depending upon the values of the Weak-Spot numbers, you MAY want to repair a Weak-Spot to avoid a cube being placed on a worse number in the future. For instance, if your lowest value is 2+, and the next one is 4+, and you already have a damage cube on the 2+, maybe you repair that to avoid the 4+ roll the next time you take a critical hit. But, like I said, not something you would be doing often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.