James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Introducing The Republican Party's New Poster Person Championing Transgender Equality, Acceptance & Understanding

Former Olympic Decathalon Winner Bruce Jenner

> Excerpts from the April 25, 2015 Business Insider news story by Aly Weisman entitled:

While Coming Out As A Woman On Nationwide TV, Bruce Jenner Also Declares: "I'm A Transgender Conservative Christian Republican"

Among many bombshells Bruce Jenner dropped Friday night during his interview with Diane Sawyer — like "I am a woman" — one of the more unexpected items viewers learned is that the Olympian-turned-reality TV star is also a Conservative Republican.

When Sawyer asked if Jenner cheered when Obama became the first president to even say the word "transgender" in a State of the Union address, the 65-year-old replied that he "would certainly give him credit for that."

"But not to get political," Jenner continued, "I've never been a big fan. I'm kind of more on the conservative side."

"Are your a Republican?" Sawyer asked in response, to which Jenner replied, "Yeah! Is that a bad thing? I believe in the Constitution."

"Do you think that would be an unsettling thing for some people in the conservative wing of the party?" Sawyer asked.

"I've thought about that," says Jenner, adding that neither political party has a monopoly on transgender acceptance and understanding.

Sawyer then asked Jenner if he would go to Mitch McConell and John Boehner and ask them to help champion this cause. Jenner responded that he "would do that in a heartbeat, yes, and I think they would be very receptive."

Currently, 32 states have no laws banning job discrimination against transgender people -- something Obama has urged to change in a State of the Union address.

According to a July Gallup poll, 21% of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Americans are Republican or lean Republican compared with 63% who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Americans lean Democratic, per The Washington Post.

> Excerpt from the April 25, 2015 TMZ news story by the TMZ Staff entitled:

Republican Congressman Jason Chaffetz Welcomes Bruce Jenner Out Of The Transgender Closet And Into The Republican Fold

Republican Congressman Jason Chaffetz is happy Bruce Jenner will continue to embrace the GOP, telling us his party needs all the Cali support it can get.

Chaffetz -- an ultra conservative from Utah who has become extremely influential in DC -- told TMZ's cameraman that it's not his job to judge Jenner's choices.

It's interesting ... Chaffetz has become a powerful voice promoting the right of privacy. Although it seems Chaffetz is saying, "Live and let live", he clearly has limits because he has opposed both gay marriage and medical marijuana use in the past.

Jenner told Sawyer he's a long-time Republican with no plans of jumping parties.

> Excerpts from the April 25, 2015 Briefing Room by Tim Devaney entitled:

Gay California Democrat Lawmaker Mark Takano Tweets Support For Bruce Jenner

An openly gay member of Congress is voicing support for Bruce Jenner, who confirmed Friday he is transitioning to become a woman.

Rep. Mark Takano (D-Calif.), the first openly gay Asian-American in Congress, encouraged Jenner to “be who he is” in a tweet posted Saturday morning.

Takon wrote: "We all have our own journey. Congratulations to #BruceJenner for finding happiness and finally being able to be who he is."

> Excerpts from the April 25, 2015 Raw Story news story by Tom Boggioni entitled:

National Review editor Rich Lowry Declares: "Bruce Jenner Transgender Announcement Is All About Spectacle, Ratings, And Ultimately, Money"

While reality show star Bruce Jenner was announcing his impending gender transition on ABC, the editor of the conservative National Review suggested the interview was about “spectacle, ratings, and ultimately money” as it always is with anything Kardashian-related.

Appearing with Megyn Kelly on Fox News, former Republican strategist & conservative "National Review" magazine editor Rich Lowry expressed mild contempt for the deeply-personal interview Jenner gave to ABC’s Diane Sawyer, saying, “Do we really have to hear about it?”

“God bless him, do we really have to hear about it?” Lowry said. “Does there really have to be a reality show about it? And the answer in contemporary America is 'Yes.'”

Lowry’s attack on Jenner seemed rooted in his mild contempt for the opportunistic Kardashian family — Jenner was formerly married to family matriarch Kris Kardashian — saying, “It’s about what it always is about with the Kardashians. It’s about spectacle, ratings, and ultimately money.”

He noted that Kim Kardashian sold the rights to both of her weddings, with Lowry calling one of them “fake,” before adding, “Everything is for sale.”

Panelist Mark Hannah stumbled about trying to talk about Jenner — who is using male pronouns for himself at this time — describing him as a “gal" or "soon-to-be gal”, eliciting laughter from Kelly and Lowry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you making fun of transgenders as a whole or just this one ? It's unclear your intention other then being a bit homophobic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

jeremycobert wrote:
Are you making fun of transgenders as a whole or just this one ? It's unclear your intention other then being a bit homophobic.

Excuse me, but my name is neither Mark Hannah, Rich Lowry, nor Megan Kelly.

As the last above news story made perfectly clear, it was panelist Mark Hannah who stumbled about trying to talk about Bruce Jenner — who is using male pronouns for himself at this time — but Hannah described Jenner as a “gal" or "soon-to-be gal”, eliciting laughter from Megan Kelly and Rich Lowry.

Since I myself used the term "New Poster Person" as opposed to "New Poster Boy" or "New Poster Gal" (or even "New Poster Boy/Gal"), where exactly did you read anything I myself wrote above that was "making fun" of transgender people?

What's more, Bruce Jenner was NOT joking about championing the transgender cause with Congress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Drew1365 wrote:
It's okay to be Transgenderphobic if the object of your scorn comes out as a Republican. What a relief, eh James?! You don't have to hide it anymore!

On the contrary, o' Disingenuous One, I applaud Bruce Jenner's candor in fully acknowledging his complete real self in all respects.

Will Bruce Jenner's entry into the political fray to advance his cause of transgender equality, acceptance, and tolerance mark a new day for the Republican Party?

Or will Jenner instead get a mighty crude and rude awakening and reality check that other LGBT folks already have learned and know about: that LGBT folks will remain the target of scorn and persecution of the base of the Republican Party for some time to come, no matter who champions their cause?

Given the way the Fox News gang reacted with ridicule to the news about Jenner's announcement, you shouldn't be surprised.

But just what do *you*, Drew, predict that Jenner's transgender advocacy will or won't have on the Republican Party?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
There's only one person's opinion that matters:

Bruce Jenner on Hulk Hogan action? Not my fetish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rogers
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
They're Young, They're in Love... They eat LARD
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
There's only one person's opinion that matters:

Bruce Jenner on Hulk Hogan action? Not my fetish.

Bruce fucking the Hulk? Now that's slashfic only a "true believer" could love devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never heard of the Raw Story, but clearly they have Rich fetish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Koldfoot wrote:
Shreve, amongst others, hate him for being a successful white Republican.

They will never have to search their deeper feelings to identify and address any other hate.

On the contrary, I'll be rootin' for Bruce Jenner all the way in his Quixotic quest to champion transgender equality, acceptance, tolerance, and understanding to the Republican Party.

Mind you, I will be eatin' popcorn all the while and anticipatin' the inevitable clash of internecine political battles and train wrecks that will result in the Republican Party. But I daresay, it will be entertaining.

After all, since Bruce Jenner indicated that he'd accomplished that 1976 Olympics Decathlon win in order to try to prove to himself once and for that that he really was a man (i.e as a last-ditch attempt to exorcise the womanly soul he'd always felt within him since childhood), just think what caucus races the Republicans will have Jenner running on Capitol Hill before he finally -- if ever -- gets them to see things his way.

There was one poignant moment during Diane Sawyer's ABC special interview with Bruce Jenner when they ran a brief excerpt from a 1981 NBC Bob Hope special in which Hope, guest star Merlin Olsen, and Jenner dressed in drag to spoof the singing country-western act, the Mandrell Sisters.

The jaw-dropping irony of that excerpt was so poignant (considering the inner turmoil that he'd been experiencing around that time) that I'm amazed that Bruce Jenner hadn't declined to do that comedy sketch in the first place. In either case, this is what Jenner looked like back then in that costumer and wig:

There was one topic that somehow didn't come up during the Jenner interview that Diane Sawyer should not have been remiss to ask him about. Indeed, it's the one subject that's haunted and hounded Jenner for 35 years.

I'm talking about Bruce Jenner's starring in that abysmal 1980 golden turkey of a disco movie called "Can't Stop The Music" with The Village People and actress Valerie Perrine which earned its way into the Hollywood Hall of Shame for musical extravaganzas and forever hammered the final nail into the coffin of Disco Music.

> Excerpt from the Armchair Actorvist entry about "Can't Stop The Music":

And who did producer Allan Carr place at the helm of this hodgepodge of a movie?

This film auteur:

Comedienne Nancy Walker ("Rosie" of Bounty paper towel commercials and Ida Morgenstern, Rhoda & Brenda's mother, on TV's "Rhoda")

Though she had legitimate musical theatre performance credentials in her early career, Nancy Walker was an unlikely choice to direct an anthem to disco. She had directed some episodic TV sitcoms, like when she was playing Rhoda's mother on TV's "Rhoda", but had never been in charge of a feature film. The result she delivered was a colossal mess of a movie.

"Can't Stop the Music" was so atrociously received, it encouraged publicist John J.B. Wilson to inaugurate a new set of awards, The Golden Raspberry (better known to us today as The Razzies), to commemorate the worst films of the year. The presentation has been held annually the night before the Academy Awards, for the past 30 years. These days, stars actually show up to accept the dishonor. In 1981, the very first Razzie Award as the Worst Film of the Year went to "Can't Stop the Music".

This entry continues at: http://armchairactorvist.blogspot.com/2011_10_28_archive.htm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Southern Baptist Leader Attributes Bruce Jenner's Transgendering Into A Woman To "The Heresy of Gnosticism"

> Excerpts from the April 25, 2015 Christian Post news story by Anugrah Kumar entitled:

Southern Baptist Leader Attributes Bruce Jenner's Transgendering Into A Woman To "The Heresy of Gnosticism"

As former Olympian athlete and reality television star Bruce Jenner reveals he may be seen as a "macho male" but "I'm a woman," the Southern Baptist Convention's Russell Moore offers a solution to alienation from identities that transgender people struggle with.

"For all intents and purposes, I'm a woman," Jenner told ABC's Diane Sawyer in an interview that was aired Friday. "People look at me differently. They see you as this macho male, but my heart and my soul and everything that I do in life -- it is part of me. That female side is part of me. That's who I am."

Jenner also shared his internal struggles with being transgender.

"I look at it this way: Bruce was always telling a lie. He's lived a lie his whole life about who he is. And I can't do that any longer," the 65-year-old former athlete said, though referring to himself using male pronouns.

"My brain is much more female than it is male. It's hard for people to understand that, but that's what my soul is," he added....

Russell Moore, president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention, responded to the Jenner's interview.

Russell Moore

"First of all, we should avoid the temptation to laugh at these suffering souls. We do not see our transgendered neighbors as freaks to be despised," Moore wrote on his website.

Moore suggested all could understand and identify with the struggles of the transgender.

"They feel alienated from their identities as men or women and are seeking a solution to that in self-display or in surgery or in pumping their bodies with the other sex's hormones. In a fallen universe, all of us are alienated, in some way, from who were designed to be. That alienation manifests itself in different ways in different people."

Understanding their struggles, however, doesn't mean we should "fall for the cultural narrative behind the transgender turn," Moore warned. "This narrative is rooted in the ancient heresy of Gnosticism, with the idea that the 'real' self is separate from who one is as an embodied, material being. Body parts and chromosomal patterns are dispensable since the self is radically disconnected from the body, the psychic from the material."

The problem is, he explained, that the old Gnostic heresy combined with contemporary expressive individualism gives rise to "the idea that I must be true to whomever I perceive my 'real me' to be on the inside in order to be 'authentic.'"

Moore added that the hope for Jenner, and others like him, "is not to alter the body with surgery or to flood their system with hormones." The answer, he wrote, is "to realize that all of us are born alienated from what we were created to be. We don't need to fix what happened in our first birth; we need a new birth altogether."....

According to a 2003 study conducted in Sweden, transsexuals who change their gender through body mutilation or hormone therapy have a higher suicide rate than the general population.

The study, which followed 191 male-to-female gender reassignments and 133 female-to-male gender reassignments from 1973-2003, found that suicide attempts and in-patient psychiatric treatment actually increased in Sweden among those who had a sex change.

Peter Sprigg, senior fellow for policy studies at the Family Research Council in Washington on gender-identity issues, earlier pointed to a lack of proper counseling.

Peter Sprigg

"Unfortunately, LGBT activists have been so successful in establishing ideological hegemony over the professions of psychology, psychiatry and increasingly, all of medicine, that when a child [or adult] has gender identity problems, it's difficult to find competent counseling to help overcome, rather than solidify, these problems," Sprigg said.

"Essentially, society is being forced to affirm a clear, physical, biological falsehood — the idea that someone with healthy male sex organs and normal male chromosomes can become a female, and vice versa," he said. "We are being told that when there's a conflict between a person's objective biological reality and their subjective feelings, it is the body that needs to be 'fixed.' This is utterly bizarre, and we should not be afraid to say so."

I've pretty much drawn the conclusion that these Religious Far Right "experts" would have prescribed Exorcism to Bruce Jenner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Koldfoot wrote:
Shreve, amongst others, hate him for being a successful white Republican.

They will never have to search their deeper feelings to identify and address any other hate.

On the contrary, I'll be rootin' for Bruce Jenner all the way in his Quixotic quest to champion transgender equality, acceptance, tolerance, and understanding to the Republican Party.

Mind you, I will be eatin' popcorn all the while and anticipatin' the inevitable clash of internecine political battles and train wrecks that will result in the Republican Party. But I daresay, it will be entertaining.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Redmond
WA
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's nice he came out. Hopefully he can do some good in the party, change from within is a lot easier.

The "gnostic heresy" explanation really does suffer from the problem of intersexed individuals. I really doubt Jenner is a Gnostic, heh, but that'd be interesting too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Terwox wrote:
It's nice he came out. Hopefully he can do some good in the party, change from within is a lot easier.

Oh really?

I daresay that Don Quixote de la Mancha would consider Bruce Jenner's quest to champion transgender equality and to win acceptance and understanding of transgendered people by the Republican Party entirely too Quixotic even for him.

Terwox wrote:
The "gnostic heresy" explanation really does suffer from the problem of intersexed individuals. I really doubt Jenner is a Gnostic, heh, but that'd be interesting too.

Oh, did you actually buy into that Southern Baptist falderol about Jenner's transgendering into a woman is due to "the heresy of Gnosticism"????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Redmond
WA
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Terwox wrote:

Oh really?

I daresay that Don Quixote de la Mancha would consider Bruce Jenner's quest to champion transgender equality and to win acceptance and understanding of transgendered people by the Republican Party entirely too Quixotic even for him.

It's often said that gay rights came around as a result of gay people being urged to come out of the closet -- once you know some gay people personally, it's harder to say that they don't deserve rights.

Same deal for trans people.

I'm not saying Bruce will succeed -- quixotic is fitting, here -- but maybe he'll make some headway, and that's great.

Quote:
Terwox wrote:

Oh, did you actually buy into that Southern Baptist falderol about Jenner's transgendering into a woman is due to "the heresy of Gnosticism"????

Nah, it was just amusing to see a Southern Baptist admit that Gnosticism exists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it fascinating and hilarious that the Drew/Cobert Brain Trust automatically assumed that Shreve was hating on Jenner in this thread (which therefore must be because Jenner identifies as a Republican). I rarely read any of Shreve's posts from top to bottom, but I could tell just from skimming it that he wasn't disparaging Jenner (except for "Can't Stop The Music," which probably justifies disparagement) or Jenner's transition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
Maybe they can give her a slot to speak to an empty chair at the 2016 RNC convention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

rcbevco wrote:
Maybe they can give her a slot to speak to an empty chair at the 2016 RNC convention.

Make that empty *chairs* (plural) -- as in virtually no Republican audience to speak of who would deign to hear Jenner out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coming To A News Stand Near You: The Republican Party's New Poster Person Championing Transgender Equality, Acceptance & Understanding

Meet Caitlyn Jenner, the Republican Party's new poster person championing transgender equality, acceptance and understanding in a 22-page cover story in the July 2015 issue of Vanity Fair magazine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Comparisons & Contrasts About The Way That Republicans Are Reacting To Their New Poster Person Championing Transgender Equality, Acceptance & Understanding

Comparisons & Contrasts About The Way That Republicans Are Reacting To Fellow Republican Caitlyn Jenner, Their New Poster Person Championing Transgender Equality, Acceptance & Understanding

Pro-Jenner

"If he says he’s a woman, then he’s a woman. My responsibility as a human being is to love and accept everybody, not to criticize people for who they are. I can criticize -- and I do -- for what people do and for their behavior. But as far as for who they are, you have to respect everybody, and these are obviously complex issues for businesses, for society, and I think we have to look at it in a way that is compassionate and respectful of everybody. So these are tough issues. I haven’t got into the whole issue, and I don’t think the federal government should get into the whole issue of [whether Jenner should be able to use women's public] bathrooms. I think those are things that the business community and local agencies and organizations should deal with. We have to look at it in a way that is compassionate and respectful of everybody.” -- Original statement by Rick Santorum at the May 2015 South Carolina Republican State Convention

“What I said was, I think you have to treat every person with dignity and respect -- period. That’s the bottom line. And if Bruce Jenner says he’s woman then I’m not gonna argue with him. I know what obviously and biologically he is. That doesn’t change by him identifying himself [as a woman]. His genetics and DNA aren’t changing, but out of respect, as you said, I’m not gonna argue if Bruce Jenner’s a woman with Bruce Jenner. I’m gonna treat him with dignity and respect and that’s what I said.” -- Walked-back statement by Rick Santorum days later while campaigning in New Hampshire

Anti-Jenner

\Conservative WorldNetDaily Columnist Ted Baehr Asks: "Wasn't Bruce Jenner Born This Way?"

Matt Barber of Barbwire.com Pens An Open Letter To Bruce Jenner Appealing To Him To Reconsider Gender Change

"Coach" Dave Daubenmire Blames Kardashian Family's "​Debauchery" For Bruce Jenner's Transition To A Woman

Bert M. Farias of Holy Fire Ministries Declares: "​Bruce Jenner's Gender Transition To A Woman Is Demonic And Exemplifies All That Is Wrong with America"

Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association On Caitlyn Jenner Declares: "​I'm Never Going To Refer To Him As A She Because That Would Be A Lie"

Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association Declares: "​Bruce Jenner Is On A Suicide Train"

Duggar Family's Pastor, Rev. Ronnie Floyd, Declares: "Although Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner Is No Longer An American Champion Because His Gender Transition Exemplifies The Unraveling Of American Morality, God Can Forgive Josh Duggar For Molesting Young Girls"

Fox News Knows No Shame, Again: Their Hateful, Bigoted Coverage of Caitlyn Jenner Says It All About Today’s Hypocritical Right

Fox News May Have Just Aired the Worst Segment Yet About Caitlyn Jenner

Fox News Repeatedly Mocks And Misgenders Caitlyn Jenner

Poor Neil Cavuto of Fox News Can’t Hide His Feelings About Bruce Jenner’s "Womanhood" And Says, "Tolerant Libs Won’t Take A Joke"

Mike Huckabee Declares: "Transgender Rights Campaigns Are A Threat To The Country"

Mike Huckabee Declares: "I Wish I Could've Self-Identified As Being Female In The Girls' Shower In My High School Gym"

Everything That’s Wrong With Huckabee’s Transgender Bathroom Remarks

Rand Paul's Ally, Alex Jones, Declares: "Caitlyn Jenner Is Distracting Us From The Main Issue Of The Day, The Civil War That Obama Is Forcing Us Into"

Anti-Gay Crusader Scott Lively Declares: "Bruce 'Caitlyn' Jenner Is No More An Actual Woman Than 'Star Trek’s Michael Dorn Is An Actual Klingon"

Cliff Kincaid of the Conservative Advocacy Group "Accuracy In Media" Questions: "The Nation May Not Survive Caitlyn Jenner's Gender Transition"

Cliff Kincaid of the Conservative Advocacy Group "Accuracy In Media" Questions: "Was the Jenner Interview a Big Hoax or Sham?"

Peter LaBarbera of Americans For Truth About Homosexuality Declares: "Caitlyn Jenner Is Promoting Evil Worldwide"

Peter LaBarbera of Americans For Truth About Homosexuality Declares: "Satan Is Deceiving People, Including Bruce Jenner, About Issues Concerning Sexuality and Gender"

Steve McConkey of the 4 Winds Sports Ministry Declares: "Bruce Jenner Is Promoting Sin And Sending A Very Bad Message To The Kids of America"

Alex McFarland On Caitlyn Jenner's Transition Declares: "That's Demonic!"

Ted Nugent's Classy Response To Caitlyn Jenner's Announcement

Sandy Rios of the American Family Association Declares: "Caitlyn Jenner's Transition Is A Tragedy, The Saddest Story"

Radio Talk Show Host Mike Savage Declares: "In My Day, Caitlyn Jenner Would Have Been Put In A Straitjacket"

Phyllis Schlafly of the Eagle Forum On Bruce Jenner’s Gender Transition To A Woman: "It's Just Plain Nuts!"

Anti-Gay Pastor Kevin Swanson On Caitlyn Jenner: "This Is The Bondage Of Satan, This Is A Pagan Culture"

Notable Anti-Jenner Quotes

"What the Hell is going on?!.... Rome, final days. But that’s fine." -- Neil Cavuto on the June 1, 2015 edition of Fox Business' "Cavuto: Coast to Coast" before calling Caitlyn Jenner's outfit "very Playboy bunny-esque" and introducing his guest Charles Payne as "Charlene Payne."

"Would the media have rushed into supporting the mainstreaming of transgenderism before Photoshop? Probably not." -- Erick Erickson of RedState.com linking acceptance of Caitlyn Jenner's gender transition to the invention of Photoshop

"Politically-Correct media now use pronouns as aspirational, not informational. Like calling a Dachshund a Great Dane, because it wants to be.... [I'm] Waiting for people who have plastic surgery and demand they be called orc/elves/dwarves.... If Bruce Jenner can have 4,000 surgeries and say he's a woman, why can't he do same and say he's black?"-- Dan Gainor of the Media Research Center in a series of Tweets on June 1, 2015, one of which used the hashtag: #BeWhatYouSayYouAre

"The evidence is clear. Caitlyn Jenner is the only woman in Olympic history to finish a full decathlon, boldly breaking down barriers at the 1976 Montreal Games by defeating male athlete Guido Kratschmer of West Germany. In scoring a then-world record 8,616 points in the event, Caitlyn proved that one woman can set a new standard for ALL of the 31 different gender classifications. Caitlyn Jenner is the greatest female athlete of all time." -- Patrick Howley, reporter for The Daily Caller, mocking Jenner's prior athletic accomplishments on June 1, 2015

"If we can change the definition of marriage... why can't Bruce Jenner be a babe?" -- Rush Limbaugh on the June 1, 2015 edition of his Premiere Radio Networks talk show

"A man can never understand a woman's perspective on abortion *but* can magically become a woman." -- Ben Shapiro, Breitbart.com's editor at large, in a Tweet with the hashtag: #ThingsILearnedFromTheLeft

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we really simultaneously hate on Sanatorum for using the male pronoun and Mark Hannah for using the term gal, if both did it while Jenner was still using the male pronoun?

Let's not start getting ridiculous here...

As a side note I'm very surprised at how open Sanatorum is to this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
While reality show star Bruce Jenner was announcing his impending gender transition on ABC, the editor of the conservative National Review suggested the interview was about “spectacle, ratings, and ultimately money” as it always is with anything Kardashian-related.

Appearing with Megyn Kelly on Fox News, former Republican strategist & conservative "National Review" magazine editor Rich Lowry expressed mild contempt for the deeply-personal interview Jenner gave to ABC’s Diane Sawyer, saying, “Do we really have to hear about it?”

“God bless him, do we really have to hear about it?” Lowry said. “Does there really have to be a reality show about it? And the answer in contemporary America is 'Yes.'”

Lowry’s attack on Jenner seemed rooted in his mild contempt for the opportunistic Kardashian family — Jenner was formerly married to family matriarch Kris Kardashian — saying, “It’s about what it always is about with the Kardashians. It’s about spectacle, ratings, and ultimately money.”

He noted that Kim Kardashian sold the rights to both of her weddings, with Lowry calling one of them “fake,” before adding, “Everything is for sale.”

Can anybody disagree with this? It sounds right to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb

My god.....my eyes are burning!

Stop with the pictures....please, please, please.

I don't care if you are a man who turns into Mr. Potato head but I am soo sick of seeing him. gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Wise ol Gnome wrote:

I don't care if you are a man who turns into Mr. Potato head but I am soo sick of seeing him. gulp

What did you expect to see in this thread? Don't click on it next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Wise ol Gnome wrote:

Republican Right-Wing Red State Red Eye is an all-too-common complaint from those who read too many right-wing Republican quotes in one sitting. It usually goes away after one is more adeptly accustomed to reading them over several sittings.

What's more, that image of the bouncing Rush Limbaugh has been known to induce motion sickness and vertigo, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

bkawcazn wrote:
Can we really simultaneously hate on Sanatorum for using the male pronoun and Mark Hannah for using the term gal, if both did it while Jenner was still using the male pronoun?

Let's not start getting ridiculous here...
As a side note I'm very surprised at how open Sanatorum is to this.

That's only because Caitlyn Jenner had self-identified herself as a Republican, but you'll note that Santorum did walk back his original statement mildly praising Jenner (as shown below).

"If he says he’s a woman, then he’s a woman. My responsibility as a human being is to love and accept everybody, not to criticize people for who they are. I can criticize -- and I do -- for what people do and for their behavior. But as far as for who they are, you have to respect everybody, and these are obviously complex issues for businesses, for society, and I think we have to look at it in a way that is compassionate and respectful of everybody. So these are tough issues. I haven’t got into the whole issue, and I don’t think the federal government should get into the whole issue of [whether Jenner should be able to use women's public] bathrooms. I think those are things that the business community and local agencies and organizations should deal with. We have to look at it in a way that is compassionate and respectful of everybody.” -- Original statement by Rick Santorum at the May 2015 South Carolina Republican State Convention

“What I said was, I think you have to treat every person with dignity and respect -- period. That’s the bottom line. And if Bruce Jenner says he’s woman then I’m not gonna argue with him. I know what obviously and biologically he is. That doesn’t change by him identifying himself [as a woman]. His genetics and DNA aren’t changing, but out of respect, as you said, I’m not gonna argue if Bruce Jenner’s a woman with Bruce Jenner. I’m gonna treat him with dignity and respect and that’s what I said.” -- Walked-back statement by Rick Santorum days later while campaigning in New Hampshire

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.