Hide
3 Posts

Magic: The Gathering» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Magic: probably better with some Mana rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jessica Goldsmith
msg tools
As the title implies, I started by mulagining (we do it so the first time we still take 7 cards). Still, two mana is not enough, and perhaps I should have taken the one card hit. But I did not.

Unfortunately, my opponent was not even slightly mana drained, although he did get the first creature out. Then a second, a terrible 4 mana thing. I drew a divine verdict (auto kill the attacking/defending thing), which I was super excite to use on said 4-mana monstrosity.

This is a good sight like your own organs are a good sight. In that it is not.

The main problem being that my opponent’s deck kind of revolves around the idea that monsters are made to be killed. Thus, killing his thing only bolstered his first card. Finally, I got some creatures out, and even some things that gave me health back (I needed it). Could I win it?

COULD I!?!?!?!

Well, no. His incredible amount of life link and about 14 damage was the death of me. The game ended 21-0. (No fear, the next round ended with me having 25 health.) Remember kids, always draw your mana!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lexingtonian
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With my decks, I figure two lands is a good starting hand, if they provide me all the colors I need to cast a relevant spell by turn 3. If two lands isn't enough for you, you might reconsider your mana curve. Do you have enough inexpensive spells in the deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rico
United States
Mill Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best laid mana-curves of Spikes and Tim
Often go awry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.