Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shake

"Game Salute on February 21, 2014
A quick confirmation for those who have been asking - the Archfiends box *will* have the space to contain the base Shadowrift cards alongside the Archfiends ones, even if they are all sleeved!
Michael"

"Game Salute 3 days ago
It was never portrayed as an all-in-one storage solution, Stalvos - just an expansion. We release many expansions for games that you can't fit the original in, as do many companies."

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Robertson
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh, that's unfortunate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah.

I actually don't mind that the expansion box won't hold the base game cards, but I am a bit disappointed that they've gone back on such a clear promise to the backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Yeah.

I actually don't mind that the expansion box won't hold the base game cards, but I am a bit disappointed that they've gone back on such a clear promise to the backers.

They didn't just go back on it - they're denying they ever said it. The blatant lies and revisionism are worse than not being able to deliver.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
Idaho11 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Yeah.

They didn't just go back on it - they're denying they ever said it. The blatant lies and revisionism are worse than not being able to deliver.

Source?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gciscell wrote:
Idaho11 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Yeah.

Source?

Right on the first post?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gciscell wrote:
Idaho11 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Yeah.

Source?

Source for the quote in which they say it would come in a box that would be big enough to also hold the base game:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamesalute/shadowrift-a...

Source for the quote in which they say that was never the plan:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
gciscell wrote:
Idaho11 wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Yeah.

Source?

Source for the quote in which they say it would come in a box that would be big enough to also hold the base game:

Source for the quote in which they say that was never the plan:

Thanks Scott, that's what I was looking for!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I've mentioned on the Kickstarter page, it would appear that I made a mistake. I apologise - I was under the impression that the box would hold every card. Checking back, I now see that the game box is simply for the expansion. If you wish to discuss this mistake - and it is MY mistake, nothing more than that - please message me or email me. I'm even happy to call you up and apologise personally if you wish; sorry for any trouble I've caused.

- Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, if I had a tasty mint for every Game Salute mistake, I'd have ... you know, a whole lotta food.

We love ya GS, never change!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute wrote:
As I've mentioned on the Kickstarter page, it would appear that I made a mistake. I apologise - I was under the impression that the box would hold every card. Checking back, I now see that the game box is simply for the expansion. If you wish to discuss this mistake - and it is MY mistake, nothing more than that - please message me or email me. I'm even happy to call you up and apologise personally if you wish; sorry for any trouble I've caused.

- Michael

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the reply.

I actually just came here to post that you had replied to me on the Kickstarter comments, and quote your reply.

Your honesty, in owning up to the mistake is refreshing and very welcomed.

There is no need for you to call me up to apologise personally.

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first time it happens, it's a mistake.

As it continues to happen, it's not a mistake, it just incompetence, and that's Game Salute's wheel house right there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. The big box was one of my top reasons for pledging for the expansion. The base game box is way too small. Now I have two too small boxes to carry around. Very disappointing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RhodesN7 wrote:
Wow. The big box was one of my top reasons for pledging for the expansion. The base game box is way too small. Now I have two too small boxes to carry around. Very disappointing.

Pretty much my reaction, too.

But hey -- the campaign for the second edition will be starting on the 23rd of June. Maybe THAT will have a box big enough to hold the game . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles A. Smith
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
With the April 27 comments on the Kickstarter, Game Salute stated:

Quote:
So, regarding the box size, it would appear that I made a mistake. Pure and simple as that, and I apologise; it would appear that back then I was under the impression that the box would hold the lot. Checking back, I see that the game box is simply for the expansion. If you wish to discuss this mistake - and it is MY mistake, nothing more than that - please message me or email me. I'm even happy to call you up and apologise personally if you wish...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.