Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll: Digital versions in your BGG collection
I realized when I was playing the iOS version of Sentinels of the Multiverse that is was really just a digital re-creation of the analog experience and not an original video game. I was going to add it to my BGG collection, but I realized there is no option for iOS/PC under version. The VGG site doesn't have the same active user base as BGG, so I never use it. What do you do?
Do you add digital versions of board games to your BGG collection?
Yes
Yes, but only if they stay true to the board game's experience
No, I keep them on VGG
No
      90 answers
Poll created by MAJBrown22
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use my BGG collection for multiple things than only showing what I've got on the shelf. I programmed my own app to query what to play. For the 10X10 challenge I choose 10(11) random games from my collection, because I want to play the digital games (I bought) too and I know that they won't get played if they don't show up in my app or my 10X10 list.
I have only added dominion and star realms to my collection. So it's not much, but I like to play them and I don't have them in the physical form. I have bought one of the expansion packs(with 4 expansions) in the famous Dominion Online store. I still have to buy things in the star realms store.

To answer your (kind of) hidden question: Yes, I think there should be a digital version option for adding a board game to your collection. I don't use VGG and am not planning on using it, but I still want to have those games in my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
He who games with the most dice wins.
badge
I + I = 0
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to label them owned, but I have since switched over to labeling them 'preordered', since that is a label I do not otherwise use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gallagher
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't list digital copies of board games in my collection. I do, however, log plays made on such games, provided they are against live players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't list digital copies of board games. I could, but I guess it's just too much work. Hell, I quit logging plays of boxed versions of bg, but only went back since there's now an end to sight*. I actually do keep track of my purchases on a spreadsheet as a precaution that I may one day get carried away. I did in a manner of speaking, but it did help. I hardly buy anything from the App Store, as I still have a huge backlog of both video games AND board games to get to.

* moved to a new area where board gaming is sparse. Perhaps once every 2 weeks. Else, I have to rely on conventions that are 2 to 4 hours away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall McKenzie
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I list games I play online under "want to play" and if I actually want to play a game it goes on my wishlist (cause I want to own all the games I like)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I added my digital Sentinels of the Multiverse, as most users in the forums told me that version was an exact remake of the card game and better for solo play. I put "iOS version" in the comments to set it apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasenko Pasic
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, all games that are good implementations, I add them, and in the comment, I write 'Android digital version.'
Edit: I add to my BGG collection android games that are good enough so I will not buy physical copy of the game.
For instance, Catan is so good, as an app, that I traded my copy, and now I play it, if ever, on tablet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.