Linus Gustafsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to look at the Krang expansion in my FLGS, not knowing if I wanted it or not. But now I have decided that I really need it. And now it is OOP.
And because I can´t get it anymore I have become really obsessed over it.

I found a few copies on amazon, somewhat overpriced ($79 for a single character?). I was seriously thinking about ordering it though. But it turned out that it wasn´t available for shipping to Sweden.

And therefor I ask the BGG community.
Is there anyone out there who knows where I can find a copy of it?
Perhaps someone is willing to sell their copy to me? Or in any other way help me acquire a copy of it.

Any help in this matter is very much appreciated and would allow me to sleep at night again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This shark, swallow you whole.
badge
I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch, $75 for a character expansion. Just buy the TMNT version of Krang and find somewhere online to print off his cards until reprint...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
Though it's been slow to come back, we have no reason to think that WizKids will discontinue Krang or any other expansion for MK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Scholtes
Germany
Saarfels
Saarland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume that they will come with a reprint of the old expansions and core game when the new expansion is released. For Germany, where isn't Krang available at all until now, some sources from Asmodee (new partner of Wizkidz for the German market) confirmed a whole reprint a whole reprint package with core game and all expansions.
So just wait a bit and everything will be fine we in Germany will get in fact two new expansions at the same time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeus Cat

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I only started playing Mage Knight this year. I really liked it so I went to my local gaming shop to buy Lost Legion. Unfortunately, they did not have Lost Legion in stock, but they did have Krang. I bought the Krang expansion and ordered the Lost Legion one too.

I recommend Krang, but not at $75!!! It is just one character, so don't pay a ridiculous amount for it. Lost Legion is a much better expansion if you don't have it as you get a new Mage Knight (Wolfhawk), a new enemy (Volkare) and more map tiles and enemy tokens. I would save your kronor until you can buy Krang at a reasonable price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jebstone Boppman
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
didn't know Krang is OOP, might have to head to the FLGS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Funny you ask...

I have been looking for it also and have it on back order. I also asked Wizkids on their Facebook page whether it would be reprinted. I'm sure they would rather I share their replies than have lots of people ask the same question (see below).

Short answer - they will be reprinting, they just can't say when. And there's a whole new expansions coming very soon which will offer much better value anyway.

So be patient and don't let anyone rip you off.

Quote:
Hello - I recently bought the Mage Knight board game and Lost Legion expansion. Great game! However I would also like the Krang expansion and am having trouble finding it in the UK. Are there any plans for a reprint? Thanks.

Quote:
Friday 2:38pm

Hi David,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. Although we do not have a reprint coming right now, that does not mean we won't have one in the future. If you haven't already heard, we will be releasing a new expansion this summer, Mage Knight: Shades of Tezla. Keep a look out as we announce more information.

Thanks for your support.

Best,
-The WK Team

Quote:
Friday 4:04pm
OK thanks. It's a shame there's no plan to preprint at present but you're right there is the new expansion to look forward to! Cheers.

Quote:
Friday 8:07pm

We will be reprinting, just not sure when.

Quote:
Friday 11:44pm
Ok - good to know! Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet lots of FLGS that carried this still have one on the shelf. It wasn't released that long ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linus Gustafsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orion3T wrote:
they will be reprinting

That is a great relief. I guess I just have to wait then.
As have been pointed out there is a new expansion on it's way (and I still haven't tried Lost Legion) so I will probably have something to occupy my mind while I wait. I was just afraid that it was gone forever and that I would have to search every corner of the world to find a copy.

Zeuscat wrote:

I recommend Krang, but not at $75!!! It is just one character, so don't pay a ridiculous amount for it. Lost Legion is a much better expansion if you don't have it as you get a new Mage Knight (Wolfhawk), a new enemy (Volkare) and more map tiles and enemy tokens. I would save your kronor until you can buy Krang at a reasonable price.

I haven't got the LL expansion yet, however I was going to pick them both up when I realized that Krang was gone. So I started to search for it.
LL is still available for me, but perhaps I should get it as soon as possible, unless I want the same experience again.
$75 is indeed ridiculous for a single character expansion. But for a moment I panicked and the obsessive completionist in me took over. Now that I know it will be reprinted, I'm glad that I couldn't order it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TblaLinus wrote:
LL is still available for me, but perhaps I should get it as soon as possible, unless I want the same experience again.

If you played the base game several times, and if you like solo or cooperative play, then you really should get Lost Legion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Li
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamebliss.com/products/mage-knight-board-gam...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wade oharra
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think I saw a copy at my FLGS for much less than $80, I can take a look this week and let you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Councilofthevoid wrote:
Ouch, $75 for a character expansion. Just buy the TMNT version of Krang and find somewhere online to print off his cards until reprint...

Lol!! Wow, that brings back memories. The other option for a figure is to grab one of the Bonebreaker Shaman that was released in the Mage Knight ressurection Heroclix set. It should be pretty cheap and its to scale with all the other MKBG figs (since they just re-used the board game sculpts in that set).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremie Miller
msg tools
Thanks for the Board Game Bliss link. This will be my third try getting the Krang expansion. The first two resulted in emails from the company saying that they didn't actually have it, but would send it once they got it. So, I canceled those orders.

This time the page actually changed to saying "Sold Out" after I ordered the one copy, so it is looking good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linus Gustafsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dudejacobson wrote:
Think I saw a copy at my FLGS for much less than $80, I can take a look this week and let you know.

Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wade oharra
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm willing if they have it to ship it at cost if they have it, but what's your upper limit so I don't pick it up and it's too much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plaid Dragon
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TblaLinus wrote:
I found a few copies on amazon, somewhat overpriced ($79 for a single character?).

Search of amazon today showed one at $59. Still too dang much but a slight improvement at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linus Gustafsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's more than $30 (without shipping) I think I'll just wait for the reprint.
Less than that and it's probably worth not having to wait.

Edit: I no longer need it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
Well if you can't wait you could try.

http://www.meeples.com.my/store/item_details.php?iid=1962 (they say in stock)

At RM71.10 that about 20USD + shipping.

though I've never bought anything from there.. google led the way..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Wright
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
TblaLinus wrote:
I used to look at the Krang expansion in my FLGS, not knowing if I wanted it or not. But now I have decided that I really need it. And now it is OOP.
And because I can´t get it anymore I have become really obsessed over it.

I found a few copies on amazon, somewhat overpriced ($79 for a single character?). I was seriously thinking about ordering it though. But it turned out that it wasn´t available for shipping to Sweden.

And therefor I ask the BGG community.
Is there anyone out there who knows where I can find a copy of it?
Perhaps someone is willing to sell their copy to me? Or in any other way help me acquire a copy of it.

Any help in this matter is very much appreciated and would allow me to sleep at night again.

I sent you a PM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linus Gustafsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dudejacobson wrote:
I'm willing if they have it to ship it at cost if they have it, but what's your upper limit so I don't pick it up and it's too much

It now seems as if I might get a copy after all.
So if you haven't already bought any, there is no longer any need for it.
But thank you very much for the offer.
If you have bought one though, please send me a PM so that I know how much I owe you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harpal Khalsa
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
This thread made me aware that Krang was out of print, so I went and bought my FLGS's copy today ($20 American). Excited to try playing with him tonight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xylemicarious wrote:
This thread made me aware that Krang was out of print, so I went and bought my FLGS's copy today ($20 American). Excited to try playing with him tonight!

Way to rub it in! They have any more left?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Cadena
United States
Carson City
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah seriously!, I'd pay $20 plus shipping for a copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.