BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Looking for introductory miniature games suggestions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Myron Saint

Orlando
Florida
msg tools
I've recently started playing playing Memoir 44 and Star Wars X-Wing. I'm interested in any recommendations for an introductory level miniatures game or games similar to either of these two.

I'm not interested in painting them myself so pre-painted is a definite plus and it needs to be quick and simple to learn.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always bring your towel.
United States
Morrilton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Picking up some old Mage Knight might not be a bad way to go. Plus it'll be dirt cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature Board Games that would work well:

BattleLore (Second Edition)
Arcadia Quest
Super Dungeon Explore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do a search for "pre-painted" Geeklists. You'll find several lists of games with pre-painted figures.

Another option is to use pre-painted miniatures from one game, e.g., heroclix of D&D miniatures) and play with a game such as Song of Blades and Heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Song of Blades and Heroes

The rules for this one are really simple. Models only have two stats, plus any special abilities. An average game only has 6-8 models per side, and you can use any figures you want. There are profiles for about 300 different units, and the Yahoo group has a little program you can download to create your own profiles. A game takes about 30-40 minutes to play. I prefer using the printable paper miniatures, such as the stuff from onemonk.com.

-Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.