Hide
4 Posts

Shadowrift» Forums » Rules

Subject: Activating abilities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Clement
msg tools
I am confused about activating abilities on cards such as using a magic to give fireball plus one hit or spear volley to draw a card. Can these abilities only be used once or as many times as you can?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Once per ability.
So fireball can be 1 hit, 2 hits, 1 hit on everything, or 2 hits on one target and 1 to everything else.
The Smith, too. You can pay 1 coin for 1 bonus damage on an attack, but not 2 for 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas PDX
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oooh, I didn't realize that you could choose to do either 2 hits or 1 hit on everything. I thought that to get the 1 hit on everything you first had to do the 2 hits boost...

In other words, I thought each boost was a level-up on the previous one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Truth be told, I kind of regret fireball being designed as it is. It's the only card with the two boost options that cause this confusion, and having written up an entire expansion pack's worth of new cards I can tell you that as of the first expansion to 2nd Edition Shadowrift it will STILL be the only card that works that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.