Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's not a lot of information on this game here, so I was wondering how this game might compare to other 'mainstream' Euros or even wargames. What are some of the good and bad points about it? Would I enjoy it? There's only one way to know for sure, but perhaps comparisons can be drawn with other games I have played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
check out item #17 on the following GeekList for my friend Marshall's take:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/17670

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the rules: http://www.zmangames.com/boardgames/files/triumvirate/Triumv...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

Thanks for that - interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
meowsqueak wrote:
There's not a lot of information on this game here, so I was wondering how this game might compare to other 'mainstream' Euros or even wargames. What are some of the good and bad points about it? Would I enjoy it? There's only one way to know for sure, but perhaps comparisons can be drawn with other games I have played?

I would say the mechanics definitely remind you of a euro but I can't think of a specific euro to compare them to. The uniqueness of the mechanics in a sea of derivative games is probably one of the attractions to EotT.

Like I said in the list, the wargame aspect is on the level of Risk except more deterministic. Armies basically kill each other off at a 1:1 ratio with the random possibility of 0-3 extra kills. The map is small enough that you can attack from any one country to any other country in one turn. The difficulty comes in if you want to make a side trip for reenforcements, to pick up gold, or to make two attacks.

I've got the game ordered for Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.