Subject: Introducing the Gates of Arkhamn in the app ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bourg Ghislain
France
Dijon
flag msg tools
Hi,

I like Elder Sign but I play more often on the android version than on th e tabletop version.

Will the Gates of Arkham expansion be released as an expansion to the app ?

Best regards,

Ghislain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Brown
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmb
I follow the FFG news thread closely, and I haven't seen anything there. Also I heard that FFG has a policy against developers contributing to threads on FFG properties. So I sincerely wish you luck, but doubt you'll find an answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They haven't even released the first expansion on Omens, why expect the second?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bourg Ghislain
France
Dijon
flag msg tools
mccrispy wrote:

They haven't released the three Omens expansions either but some characters of Unseen Forces are included in the Omens expansions.

If the tabletop version of Gates of Akham is successful, it could be a good expansion to add in Omens. But I won't hold me breath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Foley
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:

They incorporated many of the elements of the first expansion, including most all the added adventures, a lot of the items and spells, and, I think, all of the investigators, into the various IAPs for Omens. They didn't incorporate the bless/curse mechanic (which, granted, is arguably the most significant addition from the expansion), and only a handful of the total AO's have been released for the app.

In many ways, Gates feels almost like a new game. I wouldn't be surprised if they created a new app for it, rather than adding it as an expansion. I do hope they release Gates in app form- I'd buy it in a snap, regardless of the format.

It's been about 2 years since they've put out anything new for Omens. I wonder how successful it's been for FFG? It certainly seems to have generated the most discussion on their message boards of the handful of 'media' they've released, and I see it regularly in the 'top charts' strategy and boardgame sections of the iOS app store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bourg Ghislain
France
Dijon
flag msg tools
xfoley8 wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

In many ways, Gates feels almost like a new game. I wouldn't be surprised if they created a new app for it, rather than adding it as an expansion. I do hope they release Gates in app form- I'd buy it in a snap, regardless of the format.

I totally agree : I'd buy it in a snap, as an expansion of Omens or as a new app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 here; and also curious to see what's next for Omens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pnp fanatic
msg tools
The impressions I get from watching the last expansion for Omens (there's a UK gentlemen who had me in tears from laughing watching him get pounded by Omens on YouTube) that they already have travel (and the Fan conversion here has me wondering if I should keep the three area decks separate when playing) so would they need to really change that? Don't you acquire a certain number of elder sign before moving to the next area?

I remember people complaining before GoA was released that they had more going on with Omens than the tabletop version because they had travel already. They are different but they might just tweak the app to add more to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.