Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Rahn
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The text for the Iblis Djinn states, "Your Assassins kill 2 Meeples of any color on the same Tile . . ."

Does this mean that the two Meeples must be the same color, or that they each can be a different color?

Also, does "the same Tile" mean that the two killed Meeples must be on the same tile as the Assassins (i.e. the tile on which you placed your last Meeple during movement), or just that the killed Meeples must both be on the same tile, which can be any tile within range of the Assassins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 meeples of any colour,do not have to be the same tile. Can be on any tile within range of your assassins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Rahn
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
2 meeples of any colour

But do they have to be the same color (for example, two blues or two greens vs. one blue and one green)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say that "any colour" here means that they can differ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
2 meeples of any colour,do not have to be the same tile. Can be on any tile within range of your assassins.

Except that it says "on the same tile"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mighty Jack
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
I'd say that "any colour" here means that they can differ.

Yes, otherwise it would say "of any one color". They should have left the color bit out and just stated, "kill 2 meeples on the same tile."

Its the exact same mechanics as assassins usually do except you kill 2 instead of 1, and it can't be another players claimed yellow/white guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rasmussen81 wrote:
ParisPink wrote:

Yeah, it took me a while to figure out this comment too. I think ParisPink meant that the targets don't have to be on the same tile as the assassins, but do have to be on the same time as each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
rasmussen81 wrote:
ParisPink wrote:

Yeah, it took me a while to figure out this comment too. I think ParisPink meant that the targets don't have to be on the same tile as the assassins, but do have to be on the same time as each other.

Ah, that makes sense. To answer the original question...the meeples don't have to be the same color as each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have improved their wording in their "The Artisans of Naqala"-expansion rules by adding (s)(to imply plural) after the word color regarding the item 'The Burning Scimitar':
http://static.daysofwonder.com/five-tribes/en/img/ft_artisan...
Quote:
The Burning Scimitar
Remove two Meeples of any color(s) from a Tile of your choice.
Too bad that very precise wording also seems to imply that Iblis only is applicable to ONE color. surprise
(Although, as long as we don't get an official ruling I'll go by that the wording isn't correct on Iblis and you can actually kill two meeples of any color(s) since I really think that was what the designer intended.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all !

Here is the official answer:

When you activate IBLIS, first choose a target:
A tile OR an opponent

Then , remove 2 Meeples to this target
These 2 maples don't need to have the same color

(just to be complete, it's possible to remove only one meeple, if there is only one meeple on the target)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.