Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
Steffan DelPiano
United States
Suffern
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Hey, this is a really really easy name that game.

The mini strat. battle game that featured pictures of your mech. and then all of these little bubbles that you filled in whenever your left arm or right hull got hit with a six pack of missiles.

Do you know which one that was...because I know that the new mini game is out but I don't want that one...I'm looking for the game where you played just one mech per player.

Do you know of any other games that followed a similar battle structure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Lee
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the game you are looking for is definitely called Battletech, in which you can control any number of mechs, but usually played between 1-4 mechs per player.

I think the game is currently in its 5th Edition, and that there is a newer version coming out very soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're talking about BattleTech. I played that game quite a bit as a teen. It's still in print by Fanpro and they just released a huge new rules compendium called Classic Battletech Total Warfare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Madeira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steffanralphdelpiano wrote:

Many other games by FASA share a similar play structure/rules with the filling in of circles/squares to recreate external armor being blown away before the hits start taking out internal systems:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/publisher/342

Check out the Renegade Legion series, the Crimson Skies boardgame (not the FanPro collectible miniatures game) and other games in the Battletech series (Aerotech - aerial fighting and Battlespace - space fighting!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bruington
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
There is an intro version available as a free .pdf here.

www.classicbattletech.com/leap

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Toups
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly, FASA sold most of the IP and WizKids made a clickable minatures game out of it. Some small group of devoted fans were able to carry on with BattleTech Classic, which might well have another publisher behind it now. The old game was pretty cool...all my old minis are in the stewardship of some friends who still play regularly (at least, I think they do).
-Zach

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederik Wunderlich
Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Classic Battletech is still in existance the miniatures are currently made by Ral Partha.

regards SilverDrake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bruington
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
A German company called Fanpro publishes Battletech, which they call Classic Battletech to distinguish it from the clix version, and a new version of FASA's old Shadowrun RPG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Mike, thanks for that link...I was about to hack up my Battletech rules to go into a 3 ring binder...you just saved me the trouble. Now could you please send me enough $$ to cover yet another color ink cartridge?!?

Guess I'm gonna have to pony up the bucks for a color laser, now that they're *reasonably* affordable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steffanralphdelpiano wrote:
Hey, this is a really really easy name that game.

The mini strat. battle game that featured pictures of your mech. and then all of these little bubbles that you filled in whenever your left arm or right hull got hit with a six pack of missiles.

Do you know which one that was...because I know that the new mini game is out but I don't want that one...I'm looking for the game where you played just one mech per player.

Check out Heavy Gear Tactical, it looks like it's in the same type of game. However, I haven't played it yet (but I own a copy )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.