Subject: Expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Attica J
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mb
Any word on a future expansion for this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Duclos
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
Who ya gonna call?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Vasel asks Matt Leacock in this interview. Can't find the exact time stamp right now. As I understand it was just a brief 'yeah, that would be good, I think so'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mention was made about it being played at the Gathering of Friends, but no information forthcoming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tyree
United States
Dayton
Ohio (OH)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be surprised if there were no expansions for this one, though I don't think it will get quite as many as Pandemic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Leacock
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Working on it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attica J
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for posting Matt. My family and I are huge fans of The Cure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doobermite
United States
Chester County
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently so addicted to this game playing it solitaire. I think about it when I'm not playing. That's always a good sign. Expansions will only increase the addiction.....yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mleacock wrote:
Working on it!

Woot woot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James David Romo
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most games I'm fine with the base game and expansions are bought if I just want to be a completionist.

I don't think I've ever owned a game where I just immediately want MORE. More variants. More events. MORE ROLES. More everything. Now. Please. The game is amazing and my wife will play it with me (she dislikes regular Pandemic).

Please! The Cure expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve H.
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure hope this isn't a dead thread. shake

I'm new to "The Cure." I've owned it for just under a week. Totally addicted! I've purchased 5 or 6 games recently and all are on hold. I'm ready for any and all expansions and happy to hear they're coming. What a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Schuyler Eastin
msg tools
mb
I'm really hoping for purple dice, perhaps a normal D6 that can Outbreak any other color, Contagion-style.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Grant
United States
Fairview
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow--almost a year gone by since you were working on an expansion and no news.

Hopefully that just means that Z-MAN is focusing on their other Pandemic launches right now (Supporting Legacy, ramping up for Reign of Cthulhu, probably designing Pandemic Legacy Season 2) and not that the project has been cancelled all together.

Either way--good job on The Cure, Matt. Legacy has been a big hit with my friends and I and base Pandemic is still great to pull out with new gamers but The Cure is my solo game of choice. I've spent many an evening chilling out, listening to Youtube or the News in the background and rolling out a game or two of this. Great design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I sure hope that an expansion will be made available for the cure.
It's a great game as is, but there seems to be some room for new characters, new twists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hare Trinity
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely hope there'll be an expansion or five!

I love The Cure (AKA "Dice Pandemic"), it's one of the first games I had to buy when I properly started my collection, and it's the one of those that I've most played since then. I enjoy the normal one but pretty much everyone I know is agreed that this clever adaptation is just a little bit more fun!

The only common complaint is about the similar pawn colours, which will make far more sense once there's a rainbow of roles for people to play.

Also, the shop seems a little TOO nice for Pandemic, I think. I'm sure that would be mitigated by any expansions that add to the gameplay, though just extra roles would be great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Masson
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Finally got to start playing this on the weekend, I'm really hoping there'll be more to come - it feels like such a quicker, friendlier way to play Pandemic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So there currently is or isn't an expansion for Pandemic The Cure on the market?

In any case we love this game. If it never has an expansion that won't matter one bit to us, we like it just as it is. As for the badges vs the cards I like the cards, they probably never should've been badges in the first place, too gimmicky for my taste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Webster
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
If I can't solo it, I don't want it
badge
Beards and boardgames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this again tonight after forgetting about it for a while. Fast and fun little dice game.

I would definitely buy an expansion if one is released!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm hoping for one. For me I found the game a bit on the east side. Perhaps the dice gods favor me to all end and I have yet to play a game that was as intense as some would say.

Hopefully the next expansion will do to Pandemic the cure that on the Brink did for pandemic. Pandemic got easy pretty quickly then when On the Brink came out. Wow what a difference with the simple virulent strain addition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popov Victor
msg tools
could we get an update on the expansion please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
? !
msg tools
Is it possible to make the expansion for the regular Pandemic work with Pandemic the cure? Has anybody tried and if so how was it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tupiaz wrote:
Is it possible to make the expansion for the regular Pandemic work with Pandemic the cure? Has anybody tried and if so how was it?

Have you seen the two games? They are vastly different, so Pandemic expansions would never work on The Cure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jedimusic wrote:
Tupiaz wrote:

Have you seen the two games? They are vastly different, so Pandemic expansions would never work on The Cure.

Correct.
PTC is a dice game that uses "tiles" as a "mock board"
(regular) Pandemic is heavily card driven and uses an actual board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Sarge
msg tools
Anyone by chance hear anything recently (negative or positive) regarding this expansion?

Not sure if I need it... BUT I definately WANT it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fuchs
Germany
Dortmund
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Announced for Essen 2016. Nice

http://www.spielen.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3164
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
Netherlands
flag msg tools
That's great news!
Thanks for sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.