Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Blacklist + Chronos Project rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Parkes
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does this matter? I don't know, but I just thought of it and wondered what the case would be with this particular interaction.

Chronos Project (agenda): When you score Chronos Project, the Runner removes all cards in his or her heap from the game.

Blacklist (asset): Cards cannot leave the Runner's heap for any reason.

Imagine you're running a MaxX/Noise-hate deck, in which both of these cards would serve a useful purpose, if you scored Chronos Project whilst Blacklist was rezzed, my interpretation is that the agenda effect would be negated by the asset, primarily because the rulebook states that 'cannot's always take priority over 'can's.

Does Blacklist prevent Chronos Project?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You are correct. Chronos Project's effect is negated by Blacklist.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Parkes
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can't we have a little more debate about it? I'd feel validated as a community member if I could find a curious rules interaction...

Actually, would these cards ever be worth playing together? I guess scoring the CP then rezzing the Blacklist could be a plan, especially against MaxX.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
StarryVeck wrote:
Can't we have a little more debate about it?
what is there to debate? whether or not it works or whether there's some combo?

Quote:
Actually, would these cards ever be worth playing together? I guess scoring the CP then rezzing the Blacklist could be a plan, especially against MaxX.
Blacklist accomplishes this on its own. if you're worried about it being trashed, just run CP because that's much more permanent.

i feel like running both is just going to fill up too much of your deck only to try to counter MaxX and Kate.
what is it going to do against most any criminal? just stop Same Old Thing

it also makes it so that CP does nothing if you rezz Blacklist first, and makes Blacklist do nothing if you sit around waiting for CP
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Parkes
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dr00 wrote:
StarryVeck wrote:
Can't we have a little more debate about it?
what is there to debate? whether or not it works or whether there's some combo?

That was a little bit of sarcasm, hence the self-deprecating comment and smiley face.

Never mind, I'll get my coat.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
StarryVeck wrote:
dr00 wrote:
StarryVeck wrote:
Can't we have a little more debate about it?
what is there to debate? whether or not it works or whether there's some combo?

That was a little bit of sarcasm, hence the self-deprecating comment and smiley face.

Never mind, I'll get my coat.
lol no, it was an honest question!

i misunderstood the sarcasm lol

i'll see myself out as well <_<
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Jennings
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the basic rule that "Cannot" always trumps means that blacklist cancels chronos project. That's funny! I'd love to see that actually happen!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.